Menu

Any vacation home rental sites besides Airbnb and VRBO?

I’ve noticed lately if I go to Google maps on my computer and look around where I’m going, sometimes I can get vacation rentals to be a choice to explore. From there I can click on ones and other rental company options come up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MEmama said:

We have local cottage rental places here; you might look to see if something like that is available in your intended vacation spot. 

Agree, plus the local real estate agents all have rental departments on their websites. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Any suggestions on what to search to find that?  

When I just tried Local Community + Cottage Rentals several local real estate/cottage rental type places came up. We are in a big tourist area, though, so it might be easier here than some other places.

I agree with trying real estate sites too, and local chambers of commerce. Even town halls should be able to direct you to the right folks.

• Like 1

If you'd like to stay with Mennonites or Anabaptists (or on properties owned by them), check out this website:

https://mennoniteyourway.com/

Hosts in the "printed directory" request a fair donation. Hosts on other sections of website state how much they would like guests to pay.

It's a way that Anabaptists show hospitality and has been around since 1976. 🙂 

ETA: Suggested donation is $15 a night per adult, $2 a night per child, and $5 per meal.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll sometimes find "suites" (like a MIL suite) on B&B sites.  But those are usually only a couple, rarely room for more. 

sometimes there is.  we once rented an entire finished walk-out basement, multiple bedrooms, kitchenette, with hot tub access - and *breakfast included!* - on a B&B site.  There were six?  seven of us.. 

In Washington, some of the state parks have cabin/cottage rentals.  They're on a state gov park website.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

We recently found some cute seaside cottages just by searching the destination and calling them directly. I spoke to a person and got a veterans discount. No AirBnB hoops either. They did ask that we take out our trash and start the dishwasher.