Menu

Let's Tackle Monday together!

• work
  • clean living room
  • unpack a few boxes (my goal is to get enough cleaned out so we can better see what is in there, which means getting rid of a few things while son is home from college to help lift and such)
  • continue working on travel plans
  • Like 7

I was stupid all night, trying to "catch a nap" instead of just doing my damn work.

Eventually got up at 7am and sent stuff out at 8:something.  So that is one thing off my mind for the moment.

So now maybe I'm going to be stupid all day, thanks to a lack of sleep.  Or maybe I'll surprise myself.

I need to prioritize my work for today.  I think I have 1 conference call, and there are about 100 things that "should have been done by now."  Hoping to not receive any nasty-grams as I plod through.

Kid has a chiro appointment after school.  Also there's a "mandatory" parent meeting for track this evening.

And I need to process the laundry that's currently in the washer & dryer.

Do "yoga etc.," eat fruits & veggies, take vitamins, drink water, walk the dog.

And whatever else gets done.

• Like 7

Good morning!  Yesterday was absolutely beautiful.  Today is a drop of 20 degrees.  C'est la vie, no?

• coffee
  • wash sheets
  • change over dishwasher
  • take kid to school
  • work out
  • violin
  • grocery shop for something for dinner.  Last night I pulled off a miracle meal of too little chicken for 5 people but ended up with leftovers - just enough for lunches.  Tonight?  No clue
  • pick up a few things for vacation/birthdays
  • tidy the main living areas
  • clean the shower drain (yuck!)
  • make sure ds has both a white and a black jersey for this week.  We don't let our kid wear identifying info at tryouts. 

There will probably be a few other things here and there.  I'm hoping to get in my 10,000 steps without going outside much today.  Will it work?  Who knows, but I'm at 1,500 already.

• Like 7

Good morning!

@SKL, hoping you are able to power through despite the lack of sleep. I hate when I do things like that to myself. 

@HomeAgain, good luck on the steps, and what a smart idea about tryouts in non-identifying jerseys! We never did team sports like that, but that's a brilliant thing to do. 

My day today:
...coffee
...do 1 more week of prep ahead for 2nd grade (the one that didn't get done b/c of printer/paper/etc issues)

...tidy the area under the dining table side of the dining-office 
...do the practice piece for the text with the interfacing for the text on textiles quilt
...if that goes well, do the real one

...if that gets done, put it onto the quilt where it goes
...if that gets done, draw at least ONE character for DS's graduation quilt (find where I did the drawings for the size of it and all)
...decide on something for dinner
...cook dinner
...help DH with laundry as needed
...go to fencing tonight, take my lesson -- we have one more tournament where I can try to qualify to fence at Nationals this summer; I'm taking 2x/wk private lessons between now & then to try to be at my very best and have the best shot
...come home, veg out

I think that's about it....happy Monday, y'all! 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 7

Good morning! I stayed up way too late and then slept in. I have made coffee. Spring Break here. Pretty day, but cool.

I think Dd and I are brunching at a cafe run by women recovering from addiction, being trafficked etc.  Then going to McKay’s, a large used book shop. 

The Marmot tent I ordered used from Amazon came yesterday - bag and exterior of the rolled up tent covered in some oily residue. Gross! Returning it today!

Decided last night to just get a new tent, despite the cost. Adjusting March budget accordingly. I need it for late April. Watching for sales. I am picky about tents. I need one tall enough for me to stand in. I want aluminum poles (not wretched fiberglass ones that snap easily) and a full, vented rain fly. 

Dinner is chili and cornbread and green salad. Need to get salad greens at the grocery and thaw the ground beef. 

Might do some electronic chores later today? Or not! Trying to have a couple days this week that feel very vacation-y. The others will be catch-up on work, errands, administrative chores etc.  

@mom31257 Have you heard from your Ds? How is his trip going?!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

@HomeAgain, good luck on the steps, and what a smart idea about tryouts in non-identifying jerseys! We never did team sports like that, but that's a brilliant thing to do. 

One of his skills coaches suggested it. DS works with former NHL players (there's a lot of them here!) and he plays rec.  He remarked that having him go without the team jersey/socks would have him judged more on merit than on preconceived notions.  I think ds will still be left wanting after this, and I'm okay with that.  I really don't want the full jump into tournament hockey.  At least it's not Juniors.  DS's friend is on a feeder team for that and it's $12K a year.  I figure if we're spending $12K on something to get our kid into college, it had better be tuition, not teen sports.

Grocery shopping done.  We are having spinach tortellini with pesto and fresh bread for a simple meal.  Tomorrow will be a 5lb lasagna.

7,500 steps down.

• Like 5

Hi, everyone!

We are having a beautiful day for our drive to south GA! We stopped at Buc-ee’s because my sister and dad had never gone to one. We stopped at a pecan/peach orchard, too. 

Ds is having a great trip, but there has been a lot of rain. They saw Florence yesterday and Pompeii today. They just got to Sorrento, and ds said it is absolutely gorgeous. 

• Like 6

I love and miss Buc-ee's! Their hot roasted spiced pecans are the best!

dishes

sheets

laundry x 3--in progress

prep beans in the instant pot for white chicken chili tonight for supper

pay bill

call doctor appointment 1

call doctor appointment 2

order schluter pieces for floor transitions

weed garden if we catch a break in the rain (not likely)

school with Youngest if she is well enough to do it (virus running through the house)

supper prep + supper dishes

kid taxi service for kid4

help kid4 pack for tournament

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 5

Good Afternoon

Beautiful day here 63 usually high is 30 so this nice sunny day is awesome

Completed one dog walk will do another later

2 meetings done 1 more to do

Washed kitchen floor 

used new cordless vacuum on hard floors. It’s nice not having to worry about the cord

• Like 4

Enjoying my spring break!

I watched some TV while I ate breakfast/lunch, checked on all the kiddos, took a nap, tried to start laundry but realized DH's "system" is wonky and I don't know what in our room is clean vs dirty, tidied the dining half of the dining office, cleaned my sewing room, did the practice text and then the real text, and then DH called so I had to pause there. 

He'll be home shortly, not enough time to put the text onto the quilt, so will grab a snack and such instead. 

Took chicken out to thaw, which I will turn into.....something?....for dinner later. 

• Like 4

The soil here is still too rain saturated to weed, and dd is too ill to do more than math and ela today so I am going to do some project work this afternoon instead…hoping to free up some time for later this week.

Does anyone else have to set timers to keep track of time on busy days? 

• Like 3

@prairiewindmomma Timers, yes! My over-50 yo brain has definite sieve-like tendencies! 😆 

Enjoyed lunch out and book shopping with Dd.

Did the Amazon return, got groceries and Easter candy. 

Next up:

Stash candy ✔️ 
Start chili ✔️ 
Bake cornbread ✔️ 
Bake brownies ✔️ 
Make salad? ✔️ 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Sometimes yes, timers. Not always. 

Got the text onto the quilt.....I am overall pleased with how it turned out. I'll try to add a picture.... (in case it doesn't zoom well enough or something, the open Bible has the passage asking what is the greatest commandment, and Jesus' answer, and the notebook on bottom has text saying  "Even them??" and then the answer, yes, even them.  Even Them. 

next up, cook dinner. 

IMG_9099.JPG

IMG_9100.JPG

IMG_9103.JPG

• Like 3

Dinner was good.

Started some laundry.

Returned a call to my mom. She wants to take us out to eat, but scheduling is tricky, even on SB. Dh has choir, Ds has work, I have AHG, and the SEC bball tournament is this weekend. I think we have a good plan; emailed her. Decided to go see Dune tomorrow night. The weekend just will not work. 

Gonna watch the last two episodes of Downton Abbey with Dd. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2