Menu

Vacuum cleaner under $500?

alisoncooks

I’ve had my amazing Dyson since 2008, and I think I just killed it. It’s a long, ridiculous saga which ended with my finger stuck in the bottom head, and DH needing to assist in the removal. 

(FYI: I’m fine.)😳

Anyway, I’m annoyed, my finger hurts, and now I need a new vacuum. I prefer corded but could go cordless, I suppose. I prefer easy-empty canister over bags. Must handle all types of flooring and lots of hair.  Dyson seems to be mostly cordless stick vacs now, and I just don’t know…

Do you love your newish vacuum? Please tell me what it is. Bonus points if I can order it from Amazon. $500 max, $300-400 is better. 

Edited by alisoncooks

I love my cordless stick vac from Dyson. I have to be careful not to use Max setting on the carpet or it will stretch it up off the floor. My first one was a refurbished one from Nordstrom Rack for 55% off, but now they sell them for the same price at Costco, so when DH broke it, we got the new one from there. 

The break was DH’s fault for leaning it onto something where our vision-impaired child could trip on it. He’s lucky it was only the safety thing on the handle that got broken, and not our child. The vacuum still worked, but after that DH pinched himself twice on the broken safety thing, so we replaced. 

• Like 1

I recently bought a Bissell Cleanview (the purple one) for like $150 and sssshhhhh..... I love it more than my very expensive Miele.

it might be this one https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Cleanview-Upright-Bagless-Cleaner/dp/B07FJ4N2S7?th=1

It rocks on the hardwood and basement floor (litter cleanup) and is far far far better removing fur from  rugs than anything I've ever used. Plus the canister is really easy to clean out, and the turbo brush is seriously turbo powered (great on carpeted cat towers, stairs, couches etc). I haven't even used my Milele since I bought this Bissell. 

Major bonus is that it doesn't get my hair wrapped up in weird, difficult to remove ways.

• Like 1

Absolutely not what you asked for, but I’d get a Meile canister with the bags. They last forever and you can get one for the price you want to pay.

I just bought a eufy for around $150 (deep Black Friday discount) and I love that stupid little robot. I haven’t owned it long enough to know how long it will last.  I love seeing a clean floor that I didn’t have to clean myself. It’s worth fussing with a bagless unit if I can wake up to swept floors. 

• Like 1

I love my cordless Dyson. It does a great job and is easy to maneuver and bring up and down stairs. The one downside is that it has to be emptied before vacuuming our whole house. (But, to be fair, we do have a dog and creative kids who leave a lot messes to be vacuumed) (okay…and I also don’t vacuum as often as I could). 

Also, I have no idea what the cost is, but I do know that there are Dyson service centers (depending on where you live). 

• Like 1