Menu

Is there a club or need for a club on this forum - parents supporting young adults with mental health issues

wintermom

If you're more comfortable with maintaining privacy, you can PM me. I promise not to pile on a ton of issues. Just looking for someone who has come out the other side intack and willing to provide some encouragement.

Edited by wintermom

I can see where a club with the expectation of checking in frequently may not be necessary. This life seems to have its ups and sudden, dramatic downs. It's at that point where it's nice to have someone to reach out to, however the toll this plays on a parent over time is what I wonder about. I've faced a sudden, horrible trigger when I was away from home at a conference. Totally unexpected to me. There's definitely stress being shoved down deep so that I can be strong to support the more needy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

I can see where a club with the expectation of checking in frequently may not be necessary. This life seems to have its ups and sudden, dramatic downs. It's at that point where it's nice to have someone to reach out to, however the toll this plays on a parent over time is what I wonder about. I've faced a sudden, horrible trigger when I was away from home at a conference. Totally unexpected to me. There's definitely stress being shoved down deep so that I can be strong to support the more needy.

Yep. I so hear you on that. Feel free to PM.

Edited by livetoread
  • Like 1