Menu

Where to buy good quality earrings online

MercyA

DD14 had her ears pierced at a tattoo parlor (great experience, BTW) some months ago and she is ready to start changing her earrings. I'd like to buy her some good quality earrings that won't cause skin reactions or quickly lose their luster. She specifically wants silver hoops and (at some point) small diamond studs, but a variety would also be fun. I really prefer shopping online if possible.

Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated! 🙂 

Edited by MercyA

I have these, and am always getting compliments on them:  https://www.amazon.com/Elephant-Sterling-Silver-Whimsical-Earrings/dp/B071VDSKDM/ref=sr_1_52?crid=3PC33W4FXP4K0&keywords=elephant+earrings+dangle&qid=1685991182&sprefix=elephant+earrings%2Caps%2C130&sr=8-52

Sac Silver has quite a few. I have sensitive ears due to a gold allergy, and theirs don't bother me at all (you can always put sterling silver in the search). 

Dh likes to buy jewelry for me, but about all I can wear now is silver earrings. So I send him links to the ones I like. I have some cute dragonfly and some gecko ones on my wishlist for the future.

• Like 1

Dd as well and it was so much more expensive than going to the mall which apparently is not suggested. I went to the mall in the 80s and my piercings got infected, and then tried it on my own again with same results. So for dd I was thinking after the initial period I would only give her high quality earrings that would not cause infection or tarnish. I’ve been looking at Mejuri. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MercyA said:

I'd like to buy her some good quality earrings that won't cause skin reactions or quickly lose their luster

Macy’s in house jewelry was the hardest to maintain for me, even harder than my costume jewelry. Effy is okay but heavy. 

1 hour ago, Jaybee said:

Sac Silver has quite a few. I have sensitive ears due to a gold allergy, and theirs don't bother me at all (you can always put sterling silver in the search). 

Hoops e.g. https://www.sacsilver.com/products/vol20695

Zirconia studs e.g. https://www.sacsilver.com/products/vol50155

their earrings page https://www.sacsilver.com/collections/all-earrings

• Like 2

I love James Avery for higher end earrings. 
Kohl’s and JCPenney carry some good brands. 
I also love to buy earrings on Etsy, as you can find some amazing and unique pieces.in fact, I just got two pair in the mail today. 

I have had my ears double pierced forever, but wanted to add two more to each ear for a long time. I just went to a tattoo/piercing place a few weeks ago. It was such a wonderful experience! I asked several people that had multiple piercings and they all said the same guy. 

• Like 1

When dd and I got our ears pierced a few years ago, I ordered “sleeper” earrings off Etsy. That’s what we wore so our holes didn’t close up. Lots of options in sterling silver, etc. They did eventually tarnish but served our purposes well.

Costco for real gold.

I would say Kohl’s but the earrings I got from there were flimsy. The posts bent. 

D. Louise in the UK. I got sucked in by their ads on social media, but I have been very, very pleased with the necklaces I bought from them. I haven’t bought their earrings, but I’m sure they would be great. It’s all gold plated—over stainless steel—I think??? So you’d have to double check if stainless is acceptable this early on. I can’t remember. Anyway, it’s so much more reasonable than solid 14k. I’ve had my necklaces for 6 months. I sleep, sweat, swim, and shower in them, and they have held up as advertised. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1

I made several orders on Etsy, stayed satisfied but make sure to read description and reviews attentively before buying. Also consider checking out Mint and Lily. They offer a wide range of stylish and affordable earrings, including studs, hoops, and dangle earrings, in a variety of materials and designs.

Edited by Froste
  • Like 1