Menu

Dishwashers as quiet at the Bosch?

We have the top of the line LG. It is very quiet, but I wouldn't recommend it. The dish configuration is odd, and I have a tough time getting what I need to fit into it. I am also very disappointed with how well it cleans. There are times when I have numerous dishes come out dirty. I never had this problem with our old Kenmore. Sorry, this isn't a recommendation, but I'd hate to see someone get as disappointed with their new dishwasher as I am in mine.

wow - the Bosch went in 4 years? I was thinking of buying one. My 6 year old Kitchenaid just went in 6 years and our previous stove (I think it was a Whirlpool) went in 4 years. Our repairman said that due to the electronics that are now in these appliances, they are only made to last 4-6 years now. He said that the manufacturers think that because we are willing to buy new computers every few years, we will be willing to buy appliances like that too. Maybe I'll just stick with handwashing for a while!

Veronica

I do not know which dishwasher is quiet. I do know however, that it is always worth to contact the manufacture and politely put on a complaint. My dryer, a Whirlpool, just went down after 1 1/2 y of use. I was really mad about it. I sent them an e-mail with my complaint, and mind you that we did replace 2 parts before contacting them. They wrote me back and after providing some additional information they called me to schedule an appointment for the repair person to come over and fix the dryer. I am still going to check if they will cover the expense for the parts, as the shop I bought from will not take it back. Bosh makes high end product, the last they want is a very bad review. Give them a try.

:grouphug: My Kenmore went last month, (It will be 3 years in April of next year.) I have yet to replace it, and I'm kind of surprised at myself. There are worse chores than doing dishes and I'm waiting for a great sale on a great appliance....This may mean I'll forever have dish pan hands.:D

We have and Amana dishwasher that has gotten louder over time, but was even quieter than our Bosch in CA.

We had to replace the key pad after 4 years on the Bosch because there was this itsy bitsy plastic piece inside the buttons that turned the dishwasher on. Grrr. I think the piece was about $40 and my dh repaired it himself.

Miele here, too. I never know if it's on unless I see the light. They are a little more expensive, but very well worth it in my opinion. I've only had ours for a year, but a neighbour of mine just replaced his after 20yrs. It was actually still working, though. He just wanted a new model!

I loved my Kenmore Elite, made by Bosch! It was quiet and roomy and cleaned perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to leave it in my last home. We now have a Jenn-Air. It is quiet, but the configuration is horrible; I don't know how a larger family could get an entire meal's worth of dishes in it.

Have you checked dishwasher ratings on-line? You should be able to find out service ratings.

• 2 months later...
We ended up with a KitchenAid and it stinks. Loud(we were told it had a different decibel level) and dos not clean near as well as the Bosch. :glare:

We called and complained and got 20% off but we still have to listen to it.

Was your old Bosch one of the recalled ones? My dishwasher just died today and we are two months outside of the warranty. However, it turns out that it is a recalled model so they need to replace the control board. :001_smile:

I love my Whirlpool because there's so much space inside: the utensil rack hangs on the door instead of taking up space on the bottom rack; there isn't a spray arm sticking up from the bottom or hanging down from the top, which allows for more space on both top and bottom racks. I have complete use of both racks, and that's worth EVERYTHING to me :-)