Menu

Recommendations for cotton sheets, especially from Target?

Terabith

We got some on sale at Sam's Club a couple of years ago (Twin size for the kids). They seem to be decent sheets. Price was good too. The sheets don't get as much wear here as they are only home off/on - but they still get washed a fair amount (because I can't remember if I washed them when they left last time or not, so let's just wash them again to be sure). 

• Like 1

I like the Threshold ones from Target. They have good elastic on the corners and they mark the top and bottom. I’m finding it’s getting harder and harder to find sheets that aren’t microfiber and the cotton ones are getting more expensive. I really dislike microfiber sheets.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, KSera said:

I like the Threshold ones from Target. They have good elastic on the corners and they mark the top and bottom. I’m finding it’s getting harder and harder to find sheets that aren’t microfiber and the cotton ones are getting more expensive. I really dislike microfiber sheets.

Seconding this. I've purchased two Threshold fitted sheets for DD and have been happy with them. Good elastic, good weight, good feel. 

• Like 1

My daughter has some Threshold sheets from Target that she likes; nice crisp percale type. 

My most recent sheet purchase was from IKEA. Their Nattjasmin and Somntuta lines are nice and crisp.  (I also dislike Sateen and other slippery sheets.)

Also, I know you are not looking for flannel, but I'm just going to say that I have two sets of flannel Threshold sheets from Target and I LOVE them in winter. They have not gotten pilly or "hard" and stiff from our hard water. Someone might be looking for flannel soon. 

Edited by marbel

Another vote for Threshold sheets. The only thing is that they *don't* mark what size they are, so if you have multiple beds you are buying for, in similar sizes (ex: full and queen in the same house), buy different colors for each. Or mark the tags. 

We're slowly converting over all our sheets to these. 

• Thanks 1

Echoing Threshold, if you’re looking exclusively at Target. There’s also another brand they carry (a designer with a male name, I think?), organic cotton bedding that is also nice. 

We also like our IKEA sheets. Those were great for all the college years - very comfortable and durable. It’s the most likely next buy for me, especially for solid colors. 

Whatever you do, avoid microfiber. Hot hot hot, horrible for midlife women and anyone who sleeps hot. 

I love my cotton sheets from American Blossom Linens.  They are made in the USA from organic cotton that is grown and processed here.  They’re wearing quite well, and are crisp rather than silky.  I have two sets for different beds, and one of them is a nice warm rusty tan color that the cotton grew in!  As a weaver from way back, the idea of having sheets made of color grown cotton just about tickles me to death.  The other set is regular white.

https://americanblossomlinens.com/

• Like 1