Menu

If you have a flat top stove, how do you clean it?...

They make a special cleaner for the top (sort of like "soft scrub" but made for the stove top), I used that, a sponge, and a soft dish cloth at the end to wipe dry.

It's been years since I've had a flat-topped stove, so I'm sorry I don't know the exact brand.

They make a special cleaner for the top (sort of like "soft scrub" but made for the stove top), I used that, a sponge, and a soft dish cloth at the end to wipe dry.

It's been years since I've had a flat-topped stove, so I'm sorry I don't know the exact brand.

I use a razor blade to scrape off food and a rag to wipe it. Every once in a while I use the special polish to shine it up.

Kris

They make a cleaner specially designed to clean ceran top stoves that you can buy at appliance stores but there is a high mark up on it. Our sales rep told us to purchase Corning Ware cleaner- it's much cheaper and just as effective.

I use a razor blade to scrape off the dried on food, wipe clean. I only polish with the cleaner about 1-2x per week.

Our stove came with a small bottle of CeramaBrite or some such name. I was amazed at how well it works! I have seen it at Lowe's, but I can't remember which department. I have never had to take a razor to it, the CeramaBrite brings it up with a little scrubbing with a sponge.

Mine is not a traditional smooth cooktop. It's a gas stove with a black top. Every little spot shows! It's under a fan with a light so that doesn't help and in an island so it's very noticible. I had a mixup with the salesman & cancelled one order then reordered and okayed the wrong stove. I wanted a brushed stainless top, but the error was my fault & my dh said..that poor guy is prob in trouble....what will they do with that stove...cost a lot,(plumber was $500 to convert from elec to propane) etc.

You'll probably love your flat top.

sorry for the misinfo

Paula

I love my flat top stove better than any other electric I've ever had. It's easier to clean, heats up faster, and the temperature is generally easier to control than other electrics I've had.

However, I like every other gas stove I've had better than the flat top electric. I just greatly prefer gas and if we could afford to run a gas line to our kitchen I'd switch out.

Kris

I LOVE my smooth-top stove, too! When we have people over I clean the top right away after cooking and use it as buffet space...we have limited counter space so every little bit helps.

It is so easy to keep clean. I just wash it with a sudsy rag after each time I cook and buff it dry with a towel, and then once a day I clean it with Weiman's Cook Top cleaner. If I use it frequently it seems to keep spills from sticking, and it only takes a little bit of the cleaner to do the whole top. I just drizzle on a very thin line of it in a zig-zag over the whole top, scrub it with one paper towel, and buff it dry with another.

This sounds like more work than it is, BTW. I can do the whole thing, from suds to polish, in 2 minutes while my caffeine dose is heating up in the microwave. If there has been a spill while cooking it takes a little more scrubbing in that area...but it's amazing how quickly the cleaner takes it off. It has some sort of fine gritty stuff in it that polishes the crud off.

The grocery stores in my area carry Weiman's Cook Top, but I buy it at Target because their price is MUCH better.

I use a damp cloth or Windex and a paper towel most of the time. Like the others for a big mess, I pull out the razor blade scraper and then shine it with the special cleaner. Target and Walmart sell the the stove top cleaner too.

I'm going to try the baking soda someone mentioned.

Edited by Tammyla