Menu

Need a new dishwasher (preferably from Costco)

YaelAldrich

Applicance connection has good prices - and a good selection.   I've used them a couple times.   We bought freezers from them earlier this year as they were "out of stock" nearly everywhere else (and cheaper than those places that did have them in stock.)

I'm paying attention as we have to replace all the appliances in the house we're buying as a rental.  (the dishwasher is being held closed with a bungee cord . . . .)

• Like 1

Everyone I know who has a Bosch absolutely HATES it. Apparently they are constantly in need of repair and the company is very hard to work with. I know you said you want to purchase from Costco, but I have a Kenmore we purchased 10 years ago that I love. I think the only thing we've replaced on it is the utensil basket.

• Like 1

I love my Bosch it has been wonderful, I was careful about which model I chose though because some lines are better than others because ones sold at Home Depot, Lowes, etc are actually made by someone else I was told.   Mine was expensive. Before the Bosch I went through three kitchen aid dishwashers, top of the line in an nine year time period because I kept avoiding the Bosch (my parents have one they love and kept recommending it)  The bosch is in year 7 and still going strong.  I will say I run dishwasher 1-3 times a day so they definitely get their work out.    

With the Costco dishwashers I'd go to various sights and read the reviews and comments to see what potential problems they have and decide from there.

• Like 3

I've bought a couple of dishwashers recently.  (Rent houses and ours)     You have to be very careful.   The focus the last many years has been on noise-level and energy efficiency.     So, most removed the grinder in the drain because those are noisy, but that means you are hand-cleaning the filter every couple of weeks.    Most of them use a sensor to see when the water seems clean enough and stops the cleaning cycle prematurely.   Trouble is the stuck-on food isn't cleaned and then gets baked on in the drying cycle.   Consumer reports even said that they don't even rank based on cleaning ability since they all do a good job - defined as cleaning 95% of the dishes.    🙄

We got one that had the grinder and it has a Sensor-cycle, so the normal cycles don't use the sensor.    It also starts the normal cycle with a steam bath.   
I got it at Best Buy.    We got it earlier this year so I can't comment on repairs.   

Edited by shawthorne44
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ShepCarlin said:

Everyone I know who has a Bosch absolutely HATES it

I replaced my high end and much loathed and despised kitchen aid with a Bosch 800 series.

It's now been two or three years, and we still talk about how much we love the Bosch.

We regretted that kitchen aid within three months. 

• Like 2

We recently moved and left behind our amazing Bosch dishwasher …I miss it every time I Load my Samsung.

we bought a model,hime…didn’t get to choose appliances.

We had had Whirlpool dishwashers, for years…3 of them in different homes. All of them were junk. Serious junk.

We were so thrilled with the Bosch, 3 of our children replaced theirs with Bosch when the time came.

As for Costco…if you have the Citi bank card, you get all the perks (extended warranty, rebate points, etc) no matter when er you buy it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KatieInMN said:

We recently moved and left behind our amazing Bosch dishwasher …I miss it every time I Load my Samsung.

Hindsight is 2020.   I bet you wished you'd put a cheap one in, and took it with you.   

We got lucky.   I'd bought a new dishwasher for our house that didn't clean worth a darn.   It did look pretty and impressive though.  A few months later we decided to sell our rent house and replace it with one closer.   The rent house had an old dishwasher that I loved and that actually cleaned.    The buyers complained about the old dishwasher, so we happily swapped them out.    I got another three years of use out of it.    

• Like 2

I love my Bosch 3 rack dishwasher.  We had a Miele before and that was awful.  I have no costco recommendations but I haven't heard anything bad about Bosch and I just wanted to put another positive review out there.  But if Miele is an option, strongly recommend AGAINST.  LG and Samsung are also good to stay away from.  My worst appliance experience ever was with an LG.

• Like 2

We loved our Bosch 800 series also.  They have been hard to find because they are imported, and parts are imported also, but my stores are currently showing them in stock. We have a Maytag in this house and so far we've had to replace the motor, a pump, and the wheels on the rack.  I hate it, but when our Maytag has had issues, the Bosch haven't been in stock.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shawthorne44 said:

Hindsight is 2020.   I bet you wished you'd put a cheap one in, and took it with you.   

We got lucky.   I'd bought a new dishwasher for our house that didn't clean worth a darn.   It did look pretty and impressive though.  A few months later we decided to sell our rent house and replace it with one closer.   The rent house had an old dishwasher that I loved and that actually cleaned.    The buyers complained about the old dishwasher, so we happily swapped them out.    I got another three years of use out of it.    

We sold our house to our DILs sister…no realtor. No swapping anything. Bosch will happen someday when we get done with all the other projects…

OTOH, we did bring our washer and dryer….ended up buying a model patio home with all the  appliances. Washer is sold and gone, gas dryer still taking up space in th garage. Sigh

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Boo-hoo-hoo!

I'm reading along as of today because my dishwasher died this morning. I don't have a Costco, but I'll glean what I can. 

Boo-hoo-hoo!

Appliance connection 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Appliance connection 

Is this an online store, i assume, since I'm not in your neighborhood? 😂 Thanks for the rec. First we have to go through act 1, where dh comes home and confirms that it is broken. Then Act 2, he looks on line to gauge how hard and expensive it is too fix it ourselves, then is Act 3, this is a long one - to repair, or not to repair. 🤔

So I'm going to go ahead and change our internet homepage to Appliance Connection so i don't forget while waiting for the intermission after Act 3.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, SusanC said:

Is this an online store, i assume, since I'm not in your neighborhood? 😂 Thanks for the rec. First we have to go through act 1, where dh comes home and confirms that it is broken. Then Act 2, he looks on line to gauge how hard and expensive it is too fix it ourselves, then is Act 3, this is a long one - to repair, or not to repair. 🤔

So I'm going to go ahead and change our internet homepage to Appliance Connection so i don't forget while waiting for the intermission after Act 3.

yes - online.   I've ordered a few appliances from them over the years.

I've always had a good experience with them.

or you could change your dh's homepage to the dishwasher you want . . . .

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, in the end I'm getting my Bosch. Somewhere in the back of my head I remembered someone I know saying her husband works for Bosch. He is getting me one with the employee discount (40%). I have one I really want but he had to find out how long it will take to get because it's out of stock. The 300 model I can live with pretty darn happily is in stock and way cheap. Cheaper than what I would get at Costco by far. 

Happy wife, happy life! 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, YaelAldrich said:

Well, in the end I'm getting my Bosch. Somewhere in the back of my head I remembered someone I know saying her husband works for Bosch. He is getting me one with the employee discount (40%). I have one I really want but he had to find out how long it will take to get because it's out of stock. The 300 model I can live with pretty darn happily is in stock and way cheap. Cheaper than what I would get at Costco by far. 

Happy wife, happy life! 

Yay for Bosch!

We love, love, love ours. It’s 8+ years old and never needed repair. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SusanC said:

I am very very familiar with this play!

• Haha 3

I was scared to continue reading after the first negative Bosch comment! lol I just bought an 800 series today! I'm replacing a not very old Whirlpool dw that I HATE. Whirlpool used to make good appliances. Something changed between 2002 and 2012. We built a house in 2001 and put all Whirlpool appliances in. I loved all of them. We've since moved twice, and I've kept the washer/dryer and refrigerator. The refrigerator is still great--it's a bonus fridge in the basement. Never given us a single problem. We only just this year replaced the 21 year old washer/dryer. My husband replaced the motor a few years ago, but it was working still. I may regret getting rid of it.

We put the absolute least expensive no frills Bosch dw in our kids' college condo, and it never gave us any problems. That's why I bought one for my own kitchen. 

@YaelAldrich let us know how you like it. 

I bought mine with Amex, and didn't even think about checking if that gives me any extra warranty or protection. Off to look into that rn! 

• Like 2