Menu

When do I go to the doctor? Warning TMI

Scarlett

2 hours ago, ***** said:

Just wondering, when you add chia seeds to your food, do you hydrate it first?  I have seen recipes for fruit smoothies that say to add chia seeds, but I always soak mine overnight in orange juice.  I would think that by adding seeds without soaking would draw water from the colon and make digestion more difficult.  I have no problems when using seeds soaked. Hmmm...

They turn gel like as soon as they touch any liquid….so by the time they get to the colon it is just expanded…not seed like. 

4 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Hi everyone. They xrayed me.  No obstruction.  And when they listened to my intestines they heard movement.  

She told me to take that cal/mag stuff from Walmart.,I drank 10 ounces of it at 4:15 followed by 20 ounces of water.  That stuff tastes horrible. I have to go to my parents for dinner like right now.  My sister is being retrieved from the airport by Dh as we speak.    

I improve the taste by adding a Nuun electrolyte tablet (there are other brands out there too) to the cal/mag. 

• Thanks 1

If you just need a little help, you can add a small amount of the magnesium citrate to lemonade and it just makes it taste like tart lemonade (which I prefer anyway LOL).   The little bottle lasts a long time this way too (vs. the directions on it to take the whole thing at once 🤢)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MercyA said:

I love this forum. We're all, like, rooting for Scarlett's digestive system to get moving and that's just normal and fine for us. That's what families do, am I right? 😉 ❤️

Lol it is pretty cool and funny.  

For anyone who might want an update I did get some good sleep. It is continuing to work this morning though.  A little nervous about going to work.  I should have skipped dinner last night but mom made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans salad and cornbread.  I couldn’t resist.  

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Lol it is pretty cool and funny.  

For anyone who might want an update I did get some good sleep. It is continuing to work this morning though.  A little nervous about going to work.  I should have skipped dinner last night but mom made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans salad and cornbread.  I couldn’t resist.  

Do you live in the south because that's a good southern meal where I live. I never, ever turn down my mother's cornbread. Yum!

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Hopefully things won't move too energetically while you are at work.

10 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Do you live in the south because that's a good southern meal where I live. I never, ever turn down my mother's cornbread. Yum!

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Hopefully things won't move too energetically while you are at work.

Yes, a good old southern meal.  My sister who is visiting from the PNW was thrilled. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 10:27 PM, MercyA said:

I love this forum. We're all, like, rooting for Scarlett's digestive system to get moving and that's just normal and fine for us. That's what families do, am I right? 😉 ❤️

We were all anxiously waiting to hear if Scarlett had pooped. 💩 Totally normal. 💩

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 4/27/2022 at 7:27 AM, AmandaVT said:

It may be good to request a colonoscopy. We had a very good friend pass of colon cancer at 49 this winter and his first symptom (constipation) was ignored for over a year. Dr's just told him to eat more fiber and take miralax. I'm sure your situation is not that, but the weird pooping/constipation could be a partial blockage. 

I have a distant friend who is 46 - stage 4 colon cancer. Kicked it and it keeps coming back. I hate cancer. 

Do the colonoscopy and Digestics - found on Amazon. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

I have a distant friend who is 46 - stage 4 colon cancer. Kicked it and it keeps coming back. I hate cancer. 

Do the colonoscopy and Digestics - found on Amazon. 

It really sucks. Seeing what my friend went through over the 9 months from diagnosis until he passed was enough to get me to request a colonoscopy before I turned 45. I hope your friend's cancer goes back into remission!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1