Menu

Dmmetler - this is your fault!

ktgrok

@Dmmetler, after you mentioned them, I started reading the Kiki Lowenstein series. I just finished book 8, and am totally invested - I even own two packages of scrapbook paper now - and book 9 is NOT available on Kindle!!!! I don't even mind paying for it but it says not available for purchase. I checked Barnes and NOble, Ibooks, Libby, etc. I'm going to have to break down and read the physical book - like it is the dark ages, lol! 

I may even contact the author - if someone was really into my books and couldn't find a way to purchase the ebook I'd send them a free copy, so who knows? Maybe she'll offer or know how to get it. 

But seriously, I blame you for this crisis! I have other books I could read, but I'm invested in this series now, lol!

(also, if you haven't tried them, you might like this series - it is also a clean, cozy mystery series with a fun group of characters. https://amzn.to/3L8paIJ And it is all on kindle unlimited. Unlike CERTAIN books..ahem...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dmmetler said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Kiki-Lowenstein-Cozy-Mystery-Books-ebook/dp/B07T2718N9/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=kiki+lowenstein&qid=1644081143&sr=8-4

if you have Kindle Unlimited, or want to buy them on kindle, all but the very last are in sets.

there are also the Cara Mia Delgado mysteries, which are a spin off series

oh my goodness, if number 9 is in teh box set I'm in love with you forever!!!

I found myself invested in a 1930's scifi series that somehow made it's way to the Kindle, until a point. Now I'm presently finishing it up with the dark ages paperbacks. LOL BTW, the sexism in a 1930's book is so over the top that I find myself laughing instead of being offended. I have myself half convinced that it's actually a satire.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:16 PM, Dmmetler said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Kiki-Lowenstein-Cozy-Mystery-Books-ebook/dp/B07T2718N9/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=kiki+lowenstein&qid=1644081143&sr=8-4

if you have Kindle Unlimited, or want to buy them on kindle, all but the very last are in sets.

there are also the Cara Mia Delgado mysteries, which are a spin off series

I am now realizing I'm going to HAVE to read the Cara Mia ones, as they take place basically in my old stomping grounds! She lives on Jupiter Island, and I grew up one town south of that. The beach I went to nearly daily for a long time is just a few minutes from Jupiter Island. 

And her grandfather lives in Stuart (I cannot believe Stuart is mentioned in a book, NO ONE knows of that place), which is one town south of where I lived when DS22 was a toddler. I lived In Port St. Lucie for several years....basically the towns go, from north to south, Port St. Lucie, Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jupiter, Juno (but Juno is like 2 blocks big), Palm Beach Gardens. Her series is set in Stuart and Jupiter I lived most of my life in Palm Beach Gardens (had friends that went to Jupiter High, my therapist was in Juno, I lived for years in Port St. Lucie, etc. 

so hoping to really enjoy a blast from the past!

• Like 1