Menu

Call the Midwife Christmas Special - spoilers likely

theelfqueen

Wonderful special! We are still quoting it. DH saw only part due to work, but he loved what he was present for.

I loved watching Timothy’s face for the various medical scenes. He’s been reading the Lancet and hearing medical chatter forever, but his foray into seeing it firsthand shows the gap between the abstract and concrete with every look on his face! 

• Like 3

On 12/27/2021 at 8:27 PM, madteaparty said:

This is just new to the US, right? I feel like I watched a recent Christmas special via VPN on itv but maybe there’s more? 🤣

There is a Christmas special every year. This episode is new, but there was one last year and the year before and so on. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Janeway said:

There is a Christmas special every year. This episode is new, but there was one last year and the year before and so on. 

I thought the regular season episodes were released in the UK before the US, in which case I’ve seen them all, But maybe the Christmas special is released simultaneously. In which case I have a treat in store 😉. Though. Some of their prior Christmas specials were very dark.

26 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I know. I don’t think hunk it’s been aired in the US on Christmas day other than 2020 and 2021. I think we had to wait a few weeks. 

I know for sure it was Christmas Day in 2019 and 2015 - because I watched it at inlaws house while on Christmas vacation there both years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

There was one episode that aired around New Year’s Day.  Otherwise, most have been on Christmas.

2 hours ago, theelfqueen said:

I know for sure it was Christmas Day in 2019 and 2015 - because I watched it at inlaws house while on Christmas vacation there both years. 

That’s interesting because I watched for them and didn’t see them on the day. 

8 hours ago, madteaparty said:

I thought the regular season episodes were released in the UK before the US, in which case I’ve seen them all, But maybe the Christmas special is released simultaneously. In which case I have a treat in store 😉. Though. Some of their prior Christmas specials were very dark.

This one is not as dark as some of the others.