Menu

Help me find the name of a sauce?

Ann.without.an.e

We went out of town for our anniversary and ate at a really nice Greek restaurant. DH got salmon and it was served with a sauce. I asked the server about it to make sure it didn't have milk before I tried it (allergy)  and she said it didn't and rambled off some ingredients: olive oil, dijon mustard, franks red hot. It was creamy, almost an emulsion or maybe something along the bernaise/hollandaise line of sauces but I may be wrong?  It was so good and I'd like to use it at home. Anyone ever heard of a sauce like this? I can try to mimic it but if it has a name and I can figure it out, that would be helpful to google and know all the ingredients.

Thanks 🙂 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e

2 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I thought you had invented a new sauce and wanted to come up with a name for it.

I was going to suggest “Bob.” 

Oh well. Never mind. Carry on.

That's fair, I changed the title 🤣  When I do recreate it, we will definitely name it Bob.

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

That's fair, I changed the title 🤣  When I do recreate it, we will definitely name it Bob.

I wish I knew the name of the sauce you’re looking for. I always see tzatziki sauce on salmon at Greek restaurants, but that’s totally different from what you’re describing. 

• Like 1

Something like this? Remoulade Sauce a la New Orleans

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/83665/remoulade-sauce-a-la-new-orleans/?printview

”Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise 

¼ cup chili sauce 

2 tablespoons Creole mustard 

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 

1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce, or to taste 

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 

4 medium scallions, chopped 

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley 

2 tablespoons chopped green olives 

2 tablespoons minced celery 

1 clove garlic, minced 

½ teaspoon chili powder 

1 teaspoon salt, or to taste 

½ teaspoon ground black pepper 

1 teaspoon capers, chopped (Optional)”

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kela said:

I would call the restaurant and see if they would tell you the name of the sauce you had. Some restaurants are even willing to give out a recipe.

Yep. I'd call too. I've asked for recipes a few times and have always been given them, sometimes in loose terms and some handwritten by the chef himself (including the first time I ever asked, which encouraged me to keep asking, LOL).

• Like 2