Menu

wedding gifts....what do we do??

ProudGrandma

My daughter is getting married on Dec 31 this year.  We have been receiving gifts from people who are buying directly from their online registries and have now received 3 items (so far) with no identifying information about who they have come from.  What do we do?  The kids won't be able to write thank yous and the giver might be looking for a thank you and not understand why they didn't get one.  The gifts have come from Amazon and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  

Has this happened to anybody else here?  What do we do?

This makes me wonder...I sent a wedding gift from a Bed Bath and Beyond registry in August. We have talked to the bride since then and she did not say anything about our gift, which I thought was a little odd - and no thank you note, either. Now I am wondering if BB&B didn't put our name on the gift?!

4 minutes ago, Selkie said:

This makes me wonder...I sent a wedding gift from a Bed Bath and Beyond registry in August. We have talked to the bride since then and she did not say anything about our gift, which I thought was a little odd - and no thank you note, either. Now I am wondering if BB&B didn't put our name on the gift?!

Same thing happened to a gift I sent my best friend's son.  I asked my friend about it and she said her son and wife loved my gift but had no idea who sent it.  It is very aggravating that these on line places aren't making it clear who the gift giver is.

1 hour ago, kfeusse said:

I looked and I couldn't find it on Amazon or BB&B.

You can call both companies and ask. I had such a hard time getting a hold of that information from BB&B online. I ended up going to the store and they printed it out for me. You can do a chat with Amazon to figure it out.

That whole time though was a fog for me (my dad passed away a month before my wedding) so no detailed instructions.  

I received a gift from Amazon today.  Two days ago the sender told me to expect it.  The card Amazon sent with it was a code I could take a pic of and it would have the info, but I had to have the Amazon app.  I don't want the Amazon app. I'm not going to get the Amazon app.

If you send someone a gift from Amazon, tell them beforehand to expect it.  When I send a gift from Amazon (not on a registry) I always contact the recipient first because Amazon always wants to know if there are any special delivery instructions. Ask the recipient if they have any before ordering it. Not everyone lives somewhere where it makes sense to deliver it to their residence.

And once again, this thread is an example of always assuming the best if someone doesn't thank you for a gift.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KidsHappen said:

Amazon almost always includes a very small piece of paper inside the package that says who it is from. It is about the size of a credit card and is easy to miss, so double check their packages.

almost always is the key phrase....because I agree with you....except in my 2 situations.  I looked for the tag in everyplace...but I couldn't find it.  I will try and contact them to see if they will tell me. 

2 hours ago, Clarita said:

You can call both companies and ask. I had such a hard time getting a hold of that information from BB&B online. I ended up going to the store and they printed it out for me. You can do a chat with Amazon to figure it out.

That whole time though was a fog for me (my dad passed away a month before my wedding) so no detailed instructions.  

sorry to hear about your dad...that is so tough.  

we don't have a BB&B close to us, but I can try and call them. I will call Amazon too. thanks. 

9 hours ago, kfeusse said:

My daughter is getting married on Dec 31 this year.  We have been receiving gifts from people who are buying directly from their online registries and have now received 3 items (so far) with no identifying information about who they have come from.  What do we do?  The kids won't be able to write thank yous and the giver might be looking for a thank you and not understand why they didn't get one.  The gifts have come from Amazon and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  

Has this happened to anybody else here?  What do we do?

Is she registered on The Knot or another similar app/webpage?

My daughter had this issue and she found the links were clicked on the wedding planning app (The Knot for dd) and she found the list there. I can't remember exactly how she accessed this info on The Knot, whether via the registry or guest list but if your dd can't find it on there then let me know and I can ask for you. 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e

I received a Christmas gift from a woman who ordered from Amazon.  It arrived and there was no enclosed paperwork, nothing.  Eventually she texted me to let me know the pkgs were on the way.  I asked her if she had sent me a chocolate advent calendar, but she said no, but she did order some Dutch cookies for me.  So I started pinging people, but no one owned up to the advent calendar, and meanwhile, no Dutch cookies arrived.  Then this woman tells me her sister received an advent calendar instead of Dutch cookies, so the mystery was solved:  Amazon was substituting products for some unknown reason.  

Isn't there usually some sort of gift option, so paperwork can be included with a gift note?