Menu

t-shirt for a writer

EmilyGF

Is it too early to get help looking for Christmas presents, specifically, a t-shirt about being a writer?

My daughter, 14, loves writing. She wrote a novel last May for fun. She is part of a writing group. She's really good at other things, too, but loves writing fiction.

I bought her a t-shirt about writing last year on Etsy and she loved it (brought it up to out-of-town family as her fave gift), but it is the wrong thickness of fabric and is silk-screened oddly. I don't think it is comfortable for her to wear and she rarely wears it.

I'm looking for cool writing-themed shirts that aren't print-on-demand so that I can read reviews about comfort, thickness, quality of printing, etc. She would do best in thinner fabrics and t-shirts that are shaped more for women, given the other clothing she wears.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by EmilyGF

So a million years ago I was really into t-shirts and *loved* Woot shirts. They were cute, comfy, just everything you'd want in a t-shirt. The prints were usually very good quality. Then life happened, they got bought by Amazon, I had less time online, and I lost track of the shirt derbies and...now it's like 7 years later, lol. So while I can't speak anymore to the shirt quality (still looks they are using a good supplier?) I know they are still popular in the t-shirt community, just don't know what "rank" they'd be now.

But, they had some seriously cute shirts. You can go look in their literary collection; it's most book pun shirts, but they have some that are writer specific / book generic:

Never Give A Narwal A Library Card

Take Flight

Friends, Romans, aedlrjqaewoif

Monkey Play

Imagination Takes Flight

Books - No electricity Required

The Sword from the Inkwell

Deep Sea Reader

The Pen and the Sword

There's a ton of shirts, so this is just a sample. 

eta: a google search tells me they are having some print issues (not all the time but enough for forum posts on their site) but their customer service is still on point. 

eta again: this is horrible. I thought I was reformed but apparently not, I'm going down the rabbit hole. OMG, look at this candidate for being printed. And this one, so cute! And then just pretty. Send Help!! I don't even look good in t-shirts! lol

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Like 2

How about writing gloves with literary quotes on them?

https://storiarts.com/collections/gloves

That whole site is chock full of awesome quote containing goods, including tshirts as well.  I have two of their scarves, a pair of writing gloves, and a pair of dishtowels, and the quality is superb.  All made in the PNW of the US.  Highly recommended.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moonhawk said:

😱 My money just fell into their cart. 

Just want to add a note about their tshirts, it may not apply but want to put it on your radar. The tshirts we got had a high polyester percentage and one of my boys always stinks when he wears tshirts with a lot of polyester, so stinks when wearing these tshirts unless he wears a white cotton tshirt underneath. We were happy with the shirts otherwise 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, saraha said:

Just want to add a note about their tshirts, it may not apply but want to put it on your radar. The tshirts we got had a high polyester percentage and one of my boys always stinks when he wears tshirts with a lot of polyester, so stinks when wearing these tshirts unless he wears a white cotton tshirt underneath. We were happy with the shirts otherwise 

Thanks for the heads-up. I can't wear shirts with less than about 90% cotton (I start feeling like I have a fever).