Menu

Vaccination joys

Mrs Tiggywinkle

We vaccinated many people’s homebound grandmas and grandpas today. Everyone was so thankful and overjoyed. Then after the shot we stayed for 15-30 minutes to monitor for immediate allergic reactions.  So many people are so lonely, and the place I was today is too rural for high speed internet or cell phone service.

One man cried when I gave him his vaccination, and then was even more happy when I sat and talked to him for 30 minutes at his kitchen table.  He has seen very few people in the last year and can’t figure out Zoom or other technology, even if he had access to high speed internet(he doesn’t). He said he thought he was going to die of loneliness before Covid got him, but the vaccine gives him hope that neither will happen.  

i think we underestimate loneliness.

• Like 20

That is so touching!

Do you know if any other states are offering this type of service?  Or how to search to find out?  We got my FIL and MIL to their 1st shots on Friday and Saturday, but I'm not sure we are going to be able to get them out for the 2nd one in 3 weeks.  To be honest, we aren't sure how much longer FIL is going to be here so maybe his won't matter :-(.

20 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

That is so touching!

Do you know if any other states are offering this type of service?  Or how to search to find out?  We got my FIL and MIL to their 1st shots on Friday and Saturday, but I'm not sure we are going to be able to get them out for the 2nd one in 3 weeks.  To be honest, we aren't sure how much longer FIL is going to be here so maybe his won't matter :-(.

We are working through the local office of the aging.  They should know all your local resources.

• Thanks 1