Menu

Masks question

Night Elf

I need a mask for my ds who does not want it hooked around his ears. He also can't tie bows well so that's out. What is an alternative that he can live with? He's starting college classes in August and I'm assuming people will still be wearing masks.

This design that I got for my son has two elastics for all around head that can be tied off to right length for wearer. Even though the models are mostly female it fits my average male headed with small beard teen well—could still work if he were bigger headed, though I am not sure it would fit if he both had big male head and also a beard. 

After nose wire and elastics adjusting to conform well, It fits  enough that the cotton visibly moves in and out with each breath—yet is quite comfortable because of being a knit (not all are stretchy knits, but most are). One of the customer films shows it on a man. You could also imitate it perhaps if making your own. 

Edited by Pen

38 minutes ago, Pen said:

This design that I got for my son has two elastics for all around head that can be tied off to right length for wearer. Even though the models are mostly female it fits my average male headed with small beard teen well—could still work if he were bigger headed, though I am not sure it would fit if he both had big male head and also a beard. 

After nose wire and elastics adjusting to conform well, It fits  enough that the cotton visibly moves in and out with each breath—yet is quite comfortable because of being a knit (not all are stretchy knits, but most are). One of the customer films shows it on a man. You could also imitate it perhaps if making your own. 

Do you have a link for that?  I can’t sew to save my life, but all of the purchased masks have been a fail here.  This sounds like it might work.

We have ones with 550 cord and plastic toggles/cord locks.  I have a kid with a latex allergy so most elastics are out and I didn't want to tie straps into my hair so I made all of ours with cord locks that I had from a sock holder.

• Like 2

You could also just get cord locks to use with the tie models as an option too.  I made tie masks, but we have rigged ours at times with pony tail holders to work more like an elastic mask when we want something quick on/off.  Like when my daughter went to the ortho.  

You can also get/make bands to work with the the ear elastic types so they don't hook to the ears.  

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 1