How often do you wear make up? (poll)

Janeway

How often do you wear make up?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear make up?

• Always, even if I don't leave the house
    • Every time I go out, but not if I am just at home
    • Only when I will likely see other people
    • Mostly when I am likely to see other people, but not for things like swimming or hiking
    • Mostly just for special occasions or other things like church, meetings, going out to eat, etc
    • sometimes
    • don't really wear make up
    • other..because there is always an other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/2020 at 05:01 AM

I wear tinted sunscreen every day. I teach ESL online 6 days a week and put on blush and tinted gloss before teaching. If I'm going somewhere and want to feel fancy I'll put on a bit of mascara and concealer(allergies). I don't own foundation, don't like the way eyeliner and eye shadow looks. 

On 5/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, Janeway said:

Makes me wonder if I am too casual, or if I should not worry about it and not doubt myself.

Even if everyone responded that they wear make up daily no matter where they go or what they do, you shouldn't worry about it and you shouldn't doubt yourself.

• Like 1

I dont wear makeup at all. I didn't wear it at my own wedding. I did wear tinted lip balm at my son's wedding ... that's it. 

I cannot wear eye liner or mascara. I had a surgery as a child that left me very prone to eye infections .... to wear eye makeup I must immediately after wash my eyelids including the inside of my lower lid with baby shampoo on a qtip. I put up with it when I was very young but havent used it since I was like 22. 

On 5/13/2020 at 3:42 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Oh gosh I almost always wear makeup if I’m going out of the house, though maybe not a lot.  I look much prettier and more out together with it.  I get dressed daily too for the same reason.  I feel better about myself and my readiness to deal with annoying other people when I’m wearing my armor, erm, eye makeup.

I pretty much wear it whenever I leave the house, unless I'm heading out for a walk/exercise. Full face... it makes me feel put together and younger. I have a very uneven skin tone...

I'm the anti-my-mother person. She always wore makeup. My sister usually wears some even though she works from home. I never have worn mascara  (and had to check I spelled that right), but will put on a little blush & eye shadow for very special occasions (twice a year, maybe?). [I've thrown out a lot of makeup for it being old but honestly shouldn't even have any because I don't use it enough.]

I find that people get used to what they see, so if you usuaslly wear makeup, people think you look 'off' if you don't.

I'm pretty low maintenance. No hair dye, hair cuts once (Or twice) a year, no makeup, etc. I don't usually wear fingernail or toenail polish, but have gone through phases where I do. Chapstick daily. Sunscreen occasionally. Mid-40s & I usually don't care what others think. 

• Like 1

It seems like I only wear it for a job interview or a wedding at this point in life.  It gets really hot where I live.  Make up plus sweat feels gross. I wore make up more often when I lived in a colder climate. 

I actually think make up makes me look older than I am.  That probably means I am wearing "the wrong type" of make up, but I don't feel like spending the money to find "the right type". 

On 5/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Hahaha, I think you’ve never seen me without.  I unequivocally look better with it, no shame in that.  But yeah. When I don’t wear makeup for some reason people tend to ask me if I’m sick, since I’m translucently pale and have pretty much no lip color, plus some acne scarring.  Fun times!

Same. *sigh*

I voted as “always”, though that is not quite right, but it’s also not only if I’m going out. I mostly wear makeup every day as part of what I do in the morning to prepare for the day. Whether I’m going out or not doesn’t really factor in much, although where I am going would. If, for whatever reason, I didn’t make it a point to put it on that morning, and I need to go to Walmart, well...oh well. Im not going to go put it on just to go to Walmart. But if I’m going on a job interview or something, I would definitely put it on if I didn’t happen to that morning. 

I voted sometimes because it didn't really fit other categories.  I often wear it, but it really has nothing to do with whether I go out or stay home.  In the winter I dab on a  minimal amount after I put on my moisturizer.  (My skin is so pale and dry in the winter, and I think a little makeup helps brighten it up a bit!)  In the summer I often don't wear anything because my skin tans easily and the humidity helps fill out my fine lines.  🙂

I put it on when I’m going to go out at all that day. 

I haven’t been wearing it for weeks now and have been wearing pjs or sweat suits.  

The other day, I got completely dressed in a nice outfit, put on makeup, and did my hair for the first time in about 3 weeks and when my son saw me in the morning, he did a double take the difference was so startling.  I did a double take at myself every time I passed a mirror. 😄 I look dramatically better with makeup, clothes that fit, and fixed hair.  

I voted Sometimes . . . . so when I feel like or need to wear it for a dance performance.  I think I've felt like it twice in the last two months. Last weekend I had to record a performance for a virtual dance thing.  (Usually it's a charity flash mob thing.) I wore make-up for that, but not stage make-up.  

I don't wear a lot of make-up and now, I think I've only put on make-up twice since mid-March. If I am going somewhere, I will always put on at least some mascara....I am blond with blond (ie. invisible) eyelashes. 

Full make-up for me includes foundation powder, a little blush, lipstick, and eyes done and is only for special/dress-up occasions. I do like to have my toenails painted during summer.