Menu

Washington State/Seattle people ?

sbgrace

I've been following what Gov. Inslee is doing, because we have a large group event still on schedule in early July (Seattle).

I saw the stay at home was extended through May. I saw the 4 stage plan.

Are you currently in stage 1?

Do you think there is any way large group or even mid-size group events will go foward in Seattle in July? 

Stage 1 starts Monday I think, although maybe it started after his announcement yesterday.  Either way it doesn't change much for my family.  The governor said it would be at least three weeks between each phase.  So with that, if everything went as "planned", phase 2 would start in late May or early June, stage three (when you can start having groups of >50) would start around mid June at the soonest.  Stage 4 when we can have groups <50 wouldn't be possible until early July.

I think it is very difficult to predict with accuracy, but I doubt large group events ( greater than 50 people) will be happening in early July; mid-size groups are a maybe. I think as we open up there will be a surge of cases, and proceeding through each stage will be protracted. Honestly, I doubt I will attend mid-size group events unless they are outside in July. 

10 minutes ago, rebcoola said:

Stage 1 starts Monday and right now goes to the 31st, He said everything will be evaluated at 3 week intervals so if things go perfectly we would be at stage 4 in late July.

This is how I understand it too, though I don’t think he’s certain yet Stage 2 will start June 1. He said something about it possibly starting “deeper in June”. We’ll probably have to wait and see how things look at the end of May. 

16 minutes ago, HSmomof2 said:

This is how I understand it too, though I don’t think he’s certain yet Stage 2 will start June 1. He said something about it possibly starting “deeper in June”. We’ll probably have to wait and see how things look at the end of May. 

I was wondering about that.  I was confused if stage 2 needed to wait until June to be considered or if it was three weeks after phase 1 started.

My .02 cents is summer is basically cancelled in WA.  

If your event is 100% private and uses no commercial anything.  For instance a wedding on the brides fathers land where everyone is tent camping or within driving distance and the reception is a potluck that the cousins put together and the uncle’s home brewed the beer - you might be able to go on with it. . . I would not plan on flying to get to the event. 

On 5/2/2020 at 10:37 AM, HSMWB said:

My .02 cents is summer is basically cancelled in WA.  

If your event is 100% private and uses no commercial anything.  For instance a wedding on the brides fathers land where everyone is tent camping or within driving distance and the reception is a potluck that the cousins put together and the uncle’s home brewed the beer - you might be able to go on with it. . . I would not plan on flying to get to the event. 

This is great, thanks for making me chuckle!  My daughter is still planning on getting married in late June in Oregon, so this may have to be an option! 😉

1 hour ago, lauraw4321 said:

I'm curious what gossip you've heard about PS?

I am planing on ‘attending’ our local monthly school board meeting this week simply because I want to listen to them talk.  My kids are in a group that goes to local schools in the fall for assemblies and I am specifically curious about that.  And if they are going to let ‘community groups’ use the facilities and what the parameters might be.  I fully expect that they have no real idea, but I am curious to hear what they talk about.

I believe that we are going to get to a certain point and the case numbers will start to rise again, so they will walk it back--possibly to stage zero.  I think this will happen again and again until we reach herd immunity (either naturally or with the aid of a vaccine).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

here's a graphic of what each phase is supposed to include.  While he's saying at least three weeks between phases, we all know that's being really optimistic.

washington reopening.png

Did the governor give benchmarks for going to the next phase and benchmarks for backtracking to the previous phase?  I found his plans for a risk assessment dashboard (https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-rolls-out-covid-19-risk-assessment-dashboard-data) but can't seem to find any metrics for basing movements on.  I know he said testing and tracking need to be increased, but I haven't seen how asymptomatic people who aren't being tested fit into the overall projections.

That being said, I don't see much of anything happening in WA state before fall, at the earliest, and maybe not even then.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lauraw4321 said:

I'm curious what gossip you've heard about PS?

He said he thought schools would open in the fall but that they might have to close several times during the year. 

18 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

At least there is a boundary for thinking about it.  My concern is that the measurements are still "soft" --but I hope we will continue to learn more, quickly, so GOOD decisions are made.  No one can make good decisions on bad data.  And again, (to repeatedly reiterate what I said before) (:::smile:::), I'm wondering what people will actually DO--whether they will go out at all, even after "lockdown"--or whether they have had enough and will end the lockdown on their own.

He has not given any solid criteria for moving to the next phase.  It is just "We are not there yet."  Personally, from what I saw yesterday extending the lockdown is only going to make things worse.   I went to Fred Meyer yesterday and it was like Christmas Eve and New Years combinded.  Every checkstand open with 3-4 people waiting in line with carts overflowing with stuff.  the govenor would open up some other stores people wouldn't be crammed packed into the 2 he has left open.   At this point those who are going to stay home will stay home, those who aren't aren't.  If we at least gave the stores the option to open it would spread the people out more.

• Like 1