Menu

Dog help! My dog just ate a chocolate chip miffin

Just Kate

Regular chocolate chips? She should be perfectly fine.

If it was baker's chocolate I'd be a little concerned. But chocolate chips . . . .  nah. Wouldn't even ping my radar as something to worry about.

ETA: I'm also assuming regular sized, homemade muffin. Not one of the gargantuan bakery ones that are the size of a small cake.

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Sorry for the post up above. This website doesn’t like me tonight. Lol

Thank you for easing my fears! I have had a crappy couple of days and I think my brain is set to expect the worst right now. Teddy still seems fine, so I will monitor her a bit tonight but otherwise assume all is well. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

No problem at all. I promise. The amount of chocolate needed to cause problems is really pretty high. We only saw sick dogs from it usually after valentine's day when tiny dogs ate giant boxes of chocolate. 

I was hoping you would respond. Thanks so much! Dog is in bed with ds and I’m no longer stressing. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Just Kate said:

I was hoping you would respond. Thanks so much! Dog is in bed with ds and I’m no longer stressing. 

Good!

If it makes you feel better, one of mine (not sure which) ate 1/3 of a Lindt Sea Salt Soiree chocolate bar. (they are big dogs, over 65 pounds each). And I'm not worried. Just annoyed they ate the last of my chocolate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ktgrok said:

Good!

If it makes you feel better, one of mine (not sure which) ate 1/3 of a Lindt Sea Salt Soiree chocolate bar. (they are big dogs, over 65 pounds each). And I'm not worried. Just annoyed they ate the last of my chocolate!

Well, dd was pretty frustrated with the dog for eating her muffin. But she just sat it on the table and walked away. What did she think? But the dog sure seemed to enjoy her before bed snack. 

Edited by Just Kate
  • Like 1

Our (85 lb) black lab ate an oversized (and fancy) chocolate bar that a good friend had left for us on our guest bed when we were visiting. The bedspread and sheets were pure white—he didn’t leave a *trace*. Lol. More importantly he was totally fine, but I remember being so worried about her expensive sheets! Lol

I'm glad to hear your pup is fine!

• Like 1