Menu

Since the hive is giving gift advice.... dd8

SamanthaCarter

Dh and I are stumped. She’s the youngest, she’s basically happy to be along for the ride. Very social, loves to sing, doesn’t like to craft unless it’s doing it with somebody. Most things she likes to do is with somebody, which is not always appreciated by the others in this house. She loves little toys like hatchimals, calico critters, etc. last Christmas was the year of the calico critters, so I’m thinking that repeating that might be lame. I’m stuck. 

4 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

The problem with a karaoke machine is..............when it gets used.  I don't know how to upload a video here but um, yeah, it's spectacularly like having a drum set in the house.  

Ds13 is getting a drum set this year.😲 I debated getting it for a long time. In fact, I bought it. Canceled the order. And bought it again. 

• Haha 4

I hope you get some good ideas. My youngest of four (all boys) loves games so that it what we usually get him. Does she have someone to play games with her or would she like a solo game? My youngest really likes the solo game laser maze by thinkfun. He also gets a magazine subscription and legos. Oh, he loves the mashems he gets in his stocking. He is getting Harry Potter ones this year. They have several different lines. They are probably kind of “junk” but he really likes them.

Karaoke machine or karaoke game if you have a gaming system. 

Bluetooth beanie if she has a bluetooth device to listen to music on.

Video camera; she can make family movies and stop motion movies using her Calico Critters. 

A repeat isn't necessarily bad. One of my dds got Polly Pockets for like a freaking decade. 

5 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

A creative way to store/display/play with her Calico Critters. For example:

IMG_5240.JPG.260f8698fd27a7a8630743714d6c9324.JPG

I love this too. 

• Like 2

My DD that age is absolutely in love with playmobil. She has an advent calendar and every day adds an animal or fence or tree or person to her menagerie and constructs many little scenarios. 
she’s getting a little CD player for her room to listen to French cds while playing like this indipendently. And oddly, a piece of furniture. She wanted a copy of my chair and it exists in child size and that’s what she’s getting. 

Thanks for the ideas ladies. 

She has a bike, rollerblades, scooter, all of which she uses. 

She has an AG style doll and one Christmas got a million and one outfits from relatives for her and her sisters dolls. She also has a baby doll. 

She got a cheap karaoke two christmases ago from a relative. It broke and I wasn’t sad. 

Shes not really into playmobile. She has a bunch of castle characters and pieces handed down from siblings that went with a castle that has since been trashed. They played more with the pieces than the castle anyways, but now that big brother and big sis don’t play that anymore, she’s not interested in Playmobile.

Reading is mainly picturebooks (Pete the Cat, SkippyJohn Jones, etc.) and graphic novels (Phoebe and her Unicorn, etc). Chapter books are read only when asked. 

She doesn’t have electronic devices. She shares an iPad with siblings and that’s how it will be. 

Sister is getting a video camera. 

I like the idea of an autoharp. I also like the play area for Calico Critters village. The girls room is totally torn up right now and they are living in the small spare bedroom. (Their choice. They wanted to move in after I did some wall and floor repairs and painted.) Most of their stuff is moved to the middle of their old room so dh and I can repair walls and paint. It’s been that way since the end of October. We are having a bit of disagreement over the use of the rooms in our house, so I’m sure that contributes to us dragging our feet on this project. I don’t anticipate any work on it before Christmas. 

Edited by SamanthaCarter

Have you looked into Waldorf style dolls and crafts?  I love them.  Here are just a few links I found when googling - I don't know these sites personally, but they give you a good idea. 

https://www.magiccabin.com/en/Dolls/Waldorf-Dolls/c/10038

https://atoygarden.com/

Elsa beskow books are beautiful!

https://atoygarden.com/collections/dolls

Waldorf dolls are different and delightful

My DD suggests LOL dolls. I know, I know, but they are tiny, super cute and surprisingly high quality. It's fun to open all the blind packs and see which doll and accessories you received. There are play sets available, as well as little sisters, big sisters, and pets.

She also suggested Tiny Tukkins, but those might be too similar to Calico Critters. They are stuffed instead of flocked.

Are there a particular type of Schleich figures (or Safari brand, or something similar) she might enjoy? Fantasy creatures? Woodland creatures? Horses?

Something from Etsy? We like these little bendable fairy dolls