Menu

Kids in the closet...

I've been rearranging furniture, putting all 4 dc in one room, turning the other room into the sch room, etc.

I realized that their sch table would fit perfectly in the closet (it's a wall closet) & scooched it in there. I called them in, delighted to show them the space I'd found when it hit me...

I'm going to have my dc "locked" in the closet doing sch all day! :lol:

Will they let you shut the door?

Actually, this was their bedroom. They broke the closet doors :glare: so now they won't really close. Only well enough for hide-n-go-seek. But it should be perfect for my highly distractable boy. That, or nothing will ever work w/ him. LOL

Mine managed to shut themselves in a closet earlier this year (the door knob didn't work on the inside) and were terrified enough that I don't think that would work here. It took ds several months before he'd shut the bathroom door or his bedroom door completely. :001_huh:

Hey, if it works ... Just don't tell anyone, they might not understand, LOL.

My college roommate set up her art table in the closet (a walk-in) so that she could work late into the night without disturbing her roommates, that is until she got a little further into the bottle of wine and started singing along with her Walkman ;). It was quite a shock to be awakened by "Two tickets to paradise" sung really off-key!

My hubby once had his office--desk, chair, computer-- in the hall closet! It was one of those longer but slightly shallower ones, right in front of the bathroom! Now he has an entire room, lined with bookshelves, floor to ceiling. He earned it!

I think it's a great idea to put your table there. Post some pics when you are done!

I've been rearranging furniture, putting all 4 dc in one room, turning the other room into the sch room, etc.

I realized that their sch table would fit perfectly in the closet (it's a wall closet) & scooched it in there. I called them in, delighted to show them the space I'd found when it hit me...

I'm going to have my dc "locked" in the closet doing sch all day! :lol:

My dd14a put her desk in her closet this year. She loves it! Now she wants a love seat in her room where the desk was.:tongue_smilie:

My youngest sleeps in a closet...it's this sort of giant, weird closet off my older kids' bedroom. It doesn't have any rods for hanging clothes, but it does have a heat vent and a window. And it's the perfect size for a toddler bed and a dresser. We actually have 4 bedrooms, but only 2 of them are being used as bedrooms. I figured it'd be easier to transition him out of our room if he were closer to his brothers.