Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Selkie

Good morning!

I'm a sorry substitute for Jean, but I'll start us off again! 

• office work - need to do at least three hours of it
  • make a list of needed office supplies (even though my kids are old enough to buy their own, they still like to steal mine - which I why I only have one Sharpie left and my tape and scissors are nowhere to be found)
  • make a post office run
  • prepare for trip out of town tomorrow
  • vacuum main floor - didn't happen yesterday
  • water plants
  • pick one spot to declutter (dining room hutch?)
  • dinner: white lasagna soup
  • nighttime teen driving practice
  • Like 10

Thanks for getting us started, Selkie!  Hope everyone is doing well!

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-school with DS14
-laundry DONE: 0
-workout
-send email to in-house recruiter about the law job I applied for
-straighten up five areas of the house
-maybe go to Homegoods (I have about $300 in gift cards) to look for some artwork to hang in foyer
-maybe go to DS18's school during lunch (won't he love that...) while the school store is open to get a new decal for my car
-go to mall (need Clemson colored cool clothing to wear for the game in one week and then the 3:30 game the following week where it will be a zillion degrees)
-dinner (Italian pork chops and burnt butter spaghetti)

• Like 10

Good morning! 

I need to....

...have more coffee
...wake up the boys
...go eat lunch on campus with DS18
...take DS14 to fencing (fencing is near the campus, thus the lunch/fencing day)
...come home, do school with DS14
...tidy up the upstairs -- I need to organize the school room, which is where I moved the bookshelf from when I put it down in my room; also need to tidy the sewing room
...dinner: probably beefy-mac
....laundry
....somewhere in there, buy the Color Catchers & wash/dry DS18's quilt so I can give it to him finally
...tonight, more Stranger Things (we're trying to get through before DS21 leaves on Saturday)

• Like 10

Morning all!

• dishes -- I have a nice soundtrack, DH is listening to John Rutter's Requiem.. 🙂
  • fold laundry (did a load late last night, and didn't have the wherewithal to fold it...)
  • give the bathrooms a wipedown
  • make kids do sweeping and vac
  • school stuff
  • school stuff
  • school stuff
  • supper is homemade pizza
  • Bible Study group tonight
Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 10

Good morning! Fairly regular day here- ds3 has his first match for high school. It is away, so I am not sure that I will go. We will see. ds2's last day here- so cleaning, errands and packing for him.

• coffee/paper
  • weed/water a little
  • dd2 off to school- hopefully a better day today
  • ds3 up- start school with him
  • laundry
  • general cleaning
  • finish school with ds3
  • help ds2 if he asks
  • homework help with dd2, if she asks
  • ds3 to school to catch bus to match
  • maybe go to the match?
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner? I think dh has something planned

Have a great day!

• Like 8

Good morning!

• School with kids
  • Update YNAB and pay bills
  • Costco! Need ribs for this weekend. 
  • Walmart?
  • P.O.?
  • Pick up and tidy the house, so we can clean tomorrow.
  • Vet for nail clip and Sentinel.
  • AHG meeting tonight. 

Dinner is roast chx, green beans, salad and corn on the cob. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 9

Back from gastro-  and yeah! no other autoimmune illness w/gastro.  OTOH,  since everything else has been ruled out, it is my dysautonomia (another Autoimmune issue),.  I do have a recommendation for something that may help.

Still completely unsure as to what else for today since it completely depends on what any of my kids or dh needs.

Oh, water plants again.

• Like 7

Well, today hasn't been as productive as yesterday (so far), LOL.  I think it's partly because I'm not home alone.  Being home alone is so motivating for me, somehow.

It's getting dangerously close to month-end, and I have a ton of stuff to do.  Also I am traveling to DC on Sunday for an annual work conference.  I really should have my new computer up and running by then.  It was at that conference 2 years ago that I spilled coffee on it and killed a bunch of keys.  It now has a number of other issues.  People are going to start to talk, LOL.

Today I was hoping to clean my kids' rooms in advance of the maids coming.  I am not sure if I will get to it or not.  My messy girl has a bunch of cubby shelves in the middle of the floor, because we need to clear out the corner before we can fit them against the wall.  They were in her closet, but we put a bunch of new shelves in there.  I seriously don't understand how she has so much junk all over the place.  Last year I did a serious clean-up and purge, but you would never believe it.  At her age, all my fun stuff fit neatly into one corner of a small bedroom.

Oh crap, I just remembered I have a conference call this afternoon ... I don't think I have to prep for it though ....

So ... Done:

• Kids off to the school bus, with gym & sports clothes and signed forms.  They were on time, but had to run because the bus was early.
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Caught up on social media, emails, news.
  • A little reading.
  • A tiny bit of exercise.
  • Fed the bird.
  • Sent out some work; had some business discussions; reviewed info for conference call.
  • Putzed.
  • Midway through my 2nd cup of coffee.

To do:

• Lots of invoices and accounting reports.
  • Conference call, ugh.
  • Stage 2 of cleaning the foul garbage can.
  • Some cleaning in at least one kid's room.
  • Some more organizing in my own room.
  • Some more exercise.  Actually a lot more.
  • Catch up on my side of kids' mom-and-me journals.
  • Help Kid 2 understand and practice some exercises while Kid 1 has volleyball practice.
  • Figure out dinner.
  • Make Kid 1 practice her trumpet while Kid 2 has a clarinet lesson.
  • Review / discuss Brave Writer comments.
  • Both kids - hope to do next History Unboxed lesson, unless they have scads of homework.
  • Both kids - make them do some work toward cleaning their bedrooms.
  • Whatever other kids' work needs to be done.
  • Read-aloud.
  • Laundry?
  • Write a check for school stuff.
  • Try to transfer to new computer?  Or at least start copying files to transfer etc.  (I already did some of that before, but now it will need to be done over because of so much time passed.)
  • Start planning for the weekend.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Animals are fed

Made breakfast for dh

Kitchen is clean

Laundry: Folded a load, hung a load, and started a load

Swept out the kennel room and the laundry room

Started thinking about redoing the laundry room as a fall or winter project because it's looking pretty shabby

Found ds19's long lost birth certificate and social security card. He needed them earlier in the summer, and instead of giving them back to me as requested, he apparently stuffed them in a desk drawer.🤷‍♀️

Just looked out the window and saw my dogs having a fine time rolling in something in the back yard. Sigh...I hope this doesn't mean I need to get out the dog shampoo...

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Home from the lunch/fencing run. DH was driving home, so called to talk on his commute. Got nothing done whilst talking to him. 

I did have DS14 read his school lit book on the way, so that's done. I did tidy a *tiny* bit before we left, so that's done. Did finish enough school the last few days w/DS14 that I'm letting him have the afternoon off -- DS21 leaves Saturday, so they are hanging out. We'll do the rest (minus finishing his lit book) tomorrow morning before I go pick up DS18 for the weekend. He has one section of history workbook left, and to read/have read to him the chapter. 

I printed and sewed on a label onto DS18's quilt, bought the color catchers, and will head up in a minute to cut off extra thread tails from the back and throw it into the wash. 

Decided I'd rather have soft tacos than beefy mac, so that's for dinner (still works with the ground beef). 

Tomorrow I can do all the tidying once I get home with DS18, as the boys will just hang out and DH won't be home until late. 

• Like 5

Once again, I wrote out my post this morning but didn’t actually submit it  hah! 

Morning people care - done

Go to charter to swap curriculum - Done

Go to Target to pick up school supplies  - Done

School  - Done

Meet a friend to get info about Camporee - Done

virtual assistant work  - Done

freeze the flank steaks

ABA for DS2 - Done

Quiet time  - Done

read for 30 minutes 

cross stitch 

make meatballs 

make dinner, clean up  - Done

clean the bathroom 

Spent most of the afternoon through early bedtime dealing with an autism meltdown, so my productivity took a nosedive. Ah well. He’s asleep and I’m in bed reading. Everything else can wait. 

• Like 4