Menu

Normal, Weird, or Therapy Required?

At the very least, embarrasing.

My friends just brought lunch over. They have not seen my dc in months. I have not had lunch with them in months. We were having a nice time.

My usually normal children - who have NEVER done anything even remotely like this is private - decided to draw my a BIG picture on our school whitebaord. It was a picture of an anatomically-correct boy peeing. The caption read, "I have to pee!"

They thought it was hilarious. They are ds5 and dd8. I was mortified. I did not expect it and can't imagine why this would seem like a good idea to them.

I am very clear about appropriate and innapropriate behavior - potty stuff is PRIVATE here.

Is this normal or wacko? What do I do now, besides have the earth swallow me?:glare:

My 12 yo DS would have thought that was hilarious! He currently enjoys spending large portions of his day saying silly words or phrases over and over again in goofy voices. I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing "blue tomato", or "weasel" in a silly voice.

Anyway, boys do love their hijinks! I'm sure girls do too, but I only have a boy. And a DH, who still thinks that stuff is hilarious. Sigh.

Michelle T

Little boys--gotta love 'em! Therapy for you might be in order, just to help you cope, but not for the boys. The boys are totally normal. :grouphug: :D :grouphug:

ETA: Did I miss that one was a girl? Oh well, little girls can be stinkers just like little boys. Still no worries.

Edited by Mamabegood

dd8 would be privately talked to at our house about what is appropriate behavior for an eight-year-old-young-lady. The ds5 would be given more of a break. Yes, normal behavior to test the boundaries and get some attention, however... my attention would not be wanted... kwim?

And my ds thought all things dealing with poo or pee hysterical for longer than I care to remember.:001_huh:

At the very least, embarrasing.

My friends just brought lunch over. They have not seen my dc in months. I have not had lunch with them in months. We were having a nice time.

My usually normal children - who have NEVER done anything even remotely like this is private - decided to draw my a BIG picture on our school whitebaord. It was a picture of an anatomically-correct boy peeing. The caption read, "I have to pee!"

They thought it was hilarious. They are ds5 and dd8. I was mortified. I did not expect it and can't imagine why this would seem like a good idea to them.

I am very clear about appropriate and innapropriate behavior - potty stuff is PRIVATE here.

Is this normal or wacko? What do I do now, besides have the earth swallow me?:glare: