Menu

Anyone else watch the new NBC series Manifest?

lynn

18 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

I really liked it!  It felt like Lost, but with the updates to everything that made Lost just too weird for me.  For me it's very not XFiles.

Not as good as Timeless though

I agree.  Love timeless.  Was it cancelled?

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would (and I tend to think like Mergath, hey people, crack a joke already!).

I hope it doesn't go the Lost route, hinting and hinting that things will eventually make sense and then they never do.   And then my life is ruined.....?

I did think the premise was pretty interesting.

I watched it on Hulu last night because of this thread. Meh. I might try one or two more episodes because sometimes a pilot doesn't do a show justice. So far I'm not that impressed but I wasn't so unimpressed that I won't give it a chance. Spoilers in white below. Highlight to read. 

It does seem more far fetched than Lost simply because the passengers were let out after (was it 36) not many hours and everyone is just going back to normal. I'd expect the whole world to be still talking about it and for reporters and gawkers and rubberneckers to be following them around nearly all the time. Instead it looks like they just went back to their lives. At least with Lost they didn't have to deal with the rest of the world. Kidnap victims who escape or are rescued are pursued by photographers and others. That wouldn't happen to a plane full of passengers missing for five years? The reality of our time is they'd hardly be able to leave their homes without being accosted by a reporter or photographer.

Edited by Lady Florida.