Menu

Could use some prayers please Update is post 9

Loowit

Please don't quote as I may want to delete for privacy.

My kids noticed that our neighbors were fighting this evening.  DD noticed that the mom and kid were taking off walking with blankets so DH went to see if she needed help.  She and her son are now at our house and she is on the phone with the national hotline for domestic abuse.  Her story is very sad and horrible.  We are trying to get her help and DH and I will be trying to find them room at a shelter tonight.  The local shelter is full.  I am keeping an eye on her son (my boys are playing with him) while the mom is on the phone.

Please pray for her and her son.  I sounds like she has gone to shelters before but she keeps going back to her abusive husband.  It is just such a sad situation.

Edited by loowit

Bless you for taking them in (from someone who spent nights at shelters with my mum), now she and her son know of one safe place.

Be prepared that she may well go back again, leaving is very difficult and dangerous.

In the end the mom decided to go back home.  Her plan is to hide out in her son's room and sleep for the night and then pack up and leave tomorrow. We tried to convince her to go to a shelter, but she wouldn't listen.  She has a friend that she says will help her get her stuff and find a safe place tomorrow.  I am very worried about them, but there isn't enough right now that the police could do anything.  It just makes me so sad.  And my kids are very worried about the mom, but especially the little boy.  He is only five years old.

We told her that we are here if she needs help any time.  She may come over tomorrow to call her friend again.  She doesn't have a working phone, although she has a cell phone that can at least call 911.  My youngest is now scared of the husband and that he might come over here an hurt him, so DH is talking to him about it.

• Like 1

In the end the mom decided to go back home.  Her plan is to hide out in her son's room and sleep for the night and then pack up and leave tomorrow. We tried to convince her to go to a shelter, but she wouldn't listen.  She has a friend that she says will help her get her stuff and find a safe place tomorrow.  I am very worried about them, but there isn't enough right now that the police could do anything.  It just makes me so sad.  And my kids are very worried about the mom, but especially the little boy.  He is only five years old.

We told her that we are here if she needs help any time.  She may come over tomorrow to call her friend again.  She doesn't have a working phone, although she has a cell phone that can at least call 911.  My youngest is now scared of the husband and that he might come over here an hurt him, so DH is talking to him about it.

she should ditch the phone - he can put a tracker on it.

I hope she can leave.

I read somewhere that if a woman feels unsafe at home but isn't ready to leave for some reason, she can set up a system with neighbors to let them know when she is in trouble.

For example, a back porch light that, when turned on, means "call the police". Perhaps she could do something like that while she is still there.

• Like 2