Menu

What is the best mop/wringer product?

Vida Winter

My MIL has a bucket with a wringer on it. She got it after she hurt her shoulder. It’s a red bucket with a black round plastic wringer on the side. You just set the regular mop in it and twist a little. I’m sure she got it at Walmart or a dollar store. Those are the only places she shops.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Angie in VA said:

Yay! I found this thread. I've been looking for it. 

The O'Cedar EasyWring Mop w/ 3 refill heads is on sale $10 off at Costco right now. That makes it ~$30, but it's nice to have extra mop heads. 

I just bought mine at Costco and I am excited to use it. :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

If you'd told me when I was 18 what would make me happy now....

I got a roomba for Christmas. When we were first married I told DH, "Don"t you dare to ever buy me a vacuum as a present" when his mom got one from his Dad :biggrin: I love mine, best thing ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stibalfamily said:

I got a roomba for Christmas. When we were first married I told DH, "Don"t you dare to ever buy me a vacuum as a present" when his mom got one from his Dad :biggrin: I love mine, best thing ever.

Yes! This! I got one sooner than I ever hoped b/c it was $50 off at Costco (and I wanted to be able to return it if need be). That thing is the best! I still can't believe how much it picks up and I feel like Super Woman when I have that running and I'm doing at least 2 other things. It has inspired me to keep the house neater (not only so it has a path to run, lol) and cleaner. Totally worth it for me!

7 hours ago, Angie in VA said:

Yay! I found this thread. I've been looking for it. 

The O'Cedar EasyWring Mop w/ 3 refill heads is on sale $10 off at Costco right now. That makes it ~$30, but it's nice to have extra mop heads. 

it's $30 on amazon withOUT refills ... .

a pkg of three refills is $20. . .

ok, I'm going to costco today . . .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angie in VA said:

Yes! This! I got one sooner than I ever hoped b/c it was $50 off at Costco (and I wanted to be able to return it if need be). That thing is the best! I still can't believe how much it picks up and I feel like Super Woman when I have that running and I'm doing at least 2 other things. It has inspired me to keep the house neater (not only so it has a path to run, lol) and cleaner. Totally worth it for me!

I told DH, before roomba I felt demoralized cleaning because I clean and the kids dirty the house up right away. Now I feel like its me and roomba against the world. I can clean and roomba can clean and we can do it together. It inspires me to be a cleaner person and it makes me feel like, yes I can get this house clean. I also got mine at Costco for $50 off. We must be Costco sisters. :tongue:

• Like 1

my costco does not have the o'cedar mop  (insert angry emoji) ... and online - it's for their "costco same day"  and it's roughly the same as amazon .. . . possibly with a $10 off coupon - but I haven't checked into how much I actually have to spend or if there is a delivery charge - or if it's included.

3 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

dd went and bought a roomba.  it's just her.

how does it do keeping ahead of dog hair?   she's getting a multigen labradoodle, so it should have poodle hair.

Great on tile, we have all our carpet upstairs where the dog isn't allowed. I will never own another dog without a roomba. 80% of what it picks up is dog hair around here.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wringing by hand is really a struggle. Therefore, chosen the cedar (suggested by the friend), and now its been 2 years I'm using it without facing any issue. you must try it out. However, you must be doing your own due diligence as well to help you out more I did some research today and found this blog, which can help you a lot in the subject matter. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2018 at 6:17 PM, Vida Winter said:

I have mops, but not a wringer. Ugh, I hate wringing out the mop by hand. What should I use?

I use a commercial one - you know, big yellow bucket on wheels with a separate wringer attachment with a lever for squeezing out the rope mop - but that might be overkill for a small place. I’ve never found a better wringer though.

Edited by bibiche

• 3 months later...