Menu

Does a hat have to match anything else I wear?

Night Elf

I've got a brown leather jacket I wear when it's really cold. I've got a olive green sweat shirt type zipper jacket I wear when it's just sort of cold. Mostly I wear my grey or black sweatshirts. 

I think my local Walmart has a pretty pink beanie in stock. Can I wear that color hat with any of the things I mentioned above?

Pink goes with anything. 

My face is pink, lol, so that's what I am going with.

For many years, I had a favorite pair of green Birkenstocks. I wore them with *anything* arguing that they were the color of grass, so they go with anything, lol. 

Besides the fact that I'd argue that (soft) pink goes with anything, I'd also argue that hats don't have to match anything unless you're going for a fashion shoot or to a formal event, and also that pink looks particularly pretty with both brown and green. 

So, according to me, you're good to go!

• Like 1

I had to look up what on earth a "beanie" was. We call them toques in the Great White North. :laugh:

To me, a beanie is a colourful peakless cap with a little helicopter on top. ;)

I am glad OP called it a beanie because I have never heard of toques lol. (I am from the freezing cold south 😉).

A pink beanie sounds warm, fun, and a perfect match for the jacket ☺ï¸

Edited by Bensmom

I am glad OP called it a beanie because I have never heard of toques lol. (I am from the freezing cold south 😉).

Also never heard of toques...but also don't normally say beanies. We call 'em toboggans around here. :p

• Like 1

Around here there are called ‘boggans. Short for toboggan, which should not be confused with what we called the big wooden sleds back home.

I’ve heard beanie but never toques.

Well, so much for the pink beanie! When I got to the store, they only had olive green and that wasn't what I wanted. I ended up buying a super cheap black fleece beanie. I did look online again and if I ordered the pink beanie, it would cost more to ship it than the price of the hat! So I'll just stick to the plain boring black one. It's warm at least, and it does push down my bangs to my eyes which looks better on my face. 

No pink?! Clearly Walmart is unaware of how much Hive discussion it takes for such important decisions to be approved. Alas, the black will be warm and functional. All is not lost though. We southerners learned a new name for a beanie and that a toboggan is not just a sled. You may not have acquired the lovely pink beanie, but you have assisted us in our quest for knowledge by inadvertently teaching us new things. I thank you and wish you well with your new black beanie.

No pink?! Clearly Walmart is unaware of how much Hive discussion it takes for such important decisions to be approved. Alas, the black will be warm and functional. All is not lost though. We southerners learned a new name for a beanie and that a toboggan is not just a sled. You may not have acquired the lovely pink beanie, but you have assisted us in our quest for knowledge by inadvertently teaching us new things. I thank you and wish you well with your new black beanie.

Then I'll call this my accomplishment of the day and if I don't get to my cleaning tasks, I won't feel bad. :)