Menu

I've never taken dayquil

Guinevere

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Me personally, I don't take any new medicine unless there is another adult or an older teenager around.  YMMV  (I know that my body often reacts strongly to medicine.)

Actually, because of food allergies, I won't even eat a new food unless there is another adult or an older teenager around.

• Like 1

DayQuil makes my head weirdly floaty, but all antihistamines do that to me. It sure does work. NyQuil puts me into another dimension before it knocks me out cold. I really should consider holding the dose next time.

I wouldn’t worry about driving and driving IS easier when you can breathe.

It really depends on how you react to the ingredients. I still remember the one time I took it in college because I was miserable, but had to get through the day. I had a meeting with one of my professors and I felt like I was watching myself have this conversation in which I was not making any sense. Dh can take it and just get on with his day without any weird side effects.

It really depends on how you react to the ingredients. I still remember the one time I took it in college because I was miserable, but had to get through the day. I had a meeting with one of my professors and I felt like I was watching myself have this conversation in which I was not making any sense. Dh can take it and just get on with his day without any weird side effects.

This is exactly what happened to me. I went somewhere with DH after I took it and I was supposed to be giving him directions. I had been to this place before and he hadn't. I could not think right at all and we drove in circles as I kept telling him to turn at various points, but I remember it now that I had no idea what I was saying or how to get where we were going. Kind of hilarious now.