Menu

amazon 3rd party sellers . . .

gardenmom5

the seller left amazon - without delivering merchandise to, apparently given the recent feedback, a number of customers.

I went to amazon and did the "where's my stuff?".. . I was informed they were no longer there.  so I put in a refund request - and amazon informed me "the seller is no longer there". 

but my CC goes through AMAZON!!!!

I've already brought it up to dh - and if he can go through the bank/CC to get a refund, he knows how to jump through those hoops (his background is banking)

I"m just ticked off.  it was less than $14 - but still!

• Like 1

That is odd. My first experience buying a piper computer kit was through a 3rd party seller and they didn't ship it. It was 250 dollars. Many MANY people left feedback saying something similar. The delivery day came and went and I called and did the claim. It was pretty seamless. They did some investigating and took a couple weeks to get my money back but I got it. I did have to wait some time past the delivery date cut off though. My seller disappeared too.

• Like 3

the seller left amazon - without delivering merchandise to, apparently given the recent feedback, a number of customers.

I went to amazon and did the "where's my stuff?".. . I was informed they were no longer there.  so I put in a refund request - and amazon informed me "the seller is no longer there". 

I've already brought it up to dh - and if he can go through the bank/CC to get a refund, he knows how to jump through those hoops (his background is banking)

I"m just ticked off.  it was less than $14 - but still!

Call or do Live Chat and talk to a live person at Amazon.  They are so much better at handling situations that the electronic format. 

• Like 6

My only bad experience was buying through a 3rd party seller. I ordered a gift for DS1 last Christmas and when it arrived the (internal) box was flattened and damaged, marked "As Is" (though that was not mentioned on the item page), and missing several items. The seller wouldn't return my communication, Amazon refunded me.

• Like 1

Wow, I am so sorry to hear people having issues with 3rd party sellers. I buy from 3rd party sellers constantly but usually books. I have had great experiences and the few times the item wasn't described and I messaged them it was promptly fixed. Now I feel paranoid....

• Like 2

Yeah, you have to look at the feedback. ONE TIME I didn't, and it was a scam. Like you say, they take your money and ride out the long delivery wait and high tail it out.

Your cc company will fix it, because it's clearly fraud. Just next time look at the reviews first. :(

• Like 1

I'm not worried about buying from third party if they have a good rating and it's not the type of item I anticipate returning (like clothing. I tried that before and it was a PITA. I think what happened was I sent a message to the seller but Amazon had to get involved before they actually acknowledged me?).

I tried to be an Amazon seller recently. Dh set up the sale. He forgot to mail it!! I reminded him twice. He had access to the boxes at work so was supposed to package it. Finally he emailed the customer and said he was going to cancel it (figured they could just buy it for a dollar more from another person. We were really going to make hardly any money after Amazon took their cut). I felt awful. I said this is exactly why I didn't want to do business this way lol! If I ever try to sell again I will have my packaging here and items will be sealed once sale is finalized. I will take to post office right away.

All this to say sellers are human.

Yeah, you have to look at the feedback. ONE TIME I didn't, and it was a scam. Like you say, they take your money and ride out the long delivery wait and high tail it out.

Your cc company will fix it, because it's clearly fraud. Just next time look at the reviews first. :(

it wasn't an expensive item - but it was one dh absolutely didn't want, and I did (but he'd be using too) - so i let my greed for a good deal get the better of me.

I've rarely had issues in the past,, and they've been annoyances rather than a scam.

eta: lest anyone get the wrong idea . . . it's for camping.

Edited by gardenmom5

Sorry that happened, Kristen. I had a bad experience with a 3rd party seller once (I ordered and paid for a new blood ketone monitor which is a $100 device, they sent me a USED blood glucose monitor which was probably worth about $30 when it was new. And who wants a used medical device?!?) and Amazon was no help at all. They basically said it was my responsibility to work it out with the seller.

And that is why I've stopped using Amazon.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear people having issues with 3rd party sellers. I buy from 3rd party sellers constantly but usually books. I have had great experiences and the few times the item wasn't described and I messaged them it was promptly fixed. Now I feel paranoid....

I must say I do buy books from third party (as I didn't not make this exception above). Usually goodwills or big used bookstores. Books are hard to "scam", I think, and most places the descriptions of usage levels are accurate.

• Like 1

I went to amazon and did the "where's my stuff?".. . I was informed they were no longer there. so I put in a refund request - and amazon informed me "the seller is no longer there".

I"m just ticked off. it was less than $14 - but still!

Send an email to Jeff at amazon.com. I believe his staff will respond and refund your money.

Sent from my SM-G355M using Tapatalk

OP I am glad that you resolved this.   During the past 5 years, the vast majority of our purchases on Amazon have been from 3rd party sellers. No issues like what you experienced!  

I personally think, now, that it may be a little safer, to purchase from eBay Sellers, but that may not be true. I have been buying more things on eBay recently, but the vast majority of textbooks still come from Amazon. 3rd party Sellers.

I must say I do buy books from third party (as I didn't not make this exception above). Usually goodwills or big used bookstores. Books are hard to "scam", I think, and most places the descriptions of usage levels are accurate.

I buy a lot from third party sellers.  

I've rarely had an issue, and most of those were annoyance issues. 

the closest was someone selling something she didn't actually posses - but her supplier was out of stock.   so she cancelled my sale and refunded my money.  I was ticked because if I knew she didn't actually have it in her cold little hands - I would have bought it elsewhere.

but I love amazon.

• Like 2

I'm glad you got your money back. I buy from 3rd party sellers all the time on Amazon, probably an average of once a week. I do pay attention to seller ratings, but I have had very few problems. I got the wrong book once, they refunded and told me to keep it. I have gotten merchandise that was not in the condition described a couple of times. I always contact the seller first, but if they aren't responsive, Amazon has always refunded everything. I've never lost a penny to an Amazon purchase and have no fear at all of 3rd party sellers. Amazon stands behind them and is quick to side with the buyer if there is an issue.