Menu

Sturdy Kids Shoes

imagine.more

merrill jungle mocs.   plus right now, they're the only one's he's willing to wear.

if you know the size, amazon was cheaper than the stores.

he was in that size that's almost impossible to find in a store . . . . .

• Like 1

Keen for sure! Try Shoemall.com. They have less expensive ones (last seasons colors, or something). Plus they run sales a lot. Free shipping too.

Another reason I buy Keen is due to the resale value on Craigslist. They last so they can get resold at a pretty high price.

Edited by MommyLiberty5013
  • Like 2

Thanks so much, this really helps! Money is a bit tight this month so I bought a pair of used Keens on ebay just now! And I'm definitely going to prioritize buying from those few brands recommended from now on. My kids are perfectly spaced with boy/boy then girl/girl so if I can start getting shoes that last through 2 kids it would really help simplify things.

• Like 1

Thanks so much, this really helps! Money is a bit tight this month so I bought a pair of used Keens on ebay just now! And I'm definitely going to prioritize buying from those few brands recommended from now on. My kids are perfectly spaced with boy/boy then girl/girl so if I can start getting shoes that last through 2 kids it would really help simplify things.

This is exactly what we do. Buy new Keens online at Shoemall for DS1 and DD1. Then those get passed to DS2 and DD2. Then we sell them!

I don't know where you live but dh sometimes buys shoes for the kids at Shoe Carnival. They seem to always have buy one get one 1/2 off when we go. We have bought Sketchers a few times, but I can't remember their lifespan. I prefer not to buy him two pairs at once because he tends to outgrow them before wearing both pairs enough, but you could buy two styles (dressy, casual) or get for mult. children.

When mine were younger once I found a brand/style that fit well and held up I scouted sales and would buy the next 1 or 2 sizes up and store away. Lots easier to go "shopping" in the closet than full price at the store.

• Like 1

Agreeing with others. Keen or Merrill.

Dd10 destroys shoes! Keens will last her a solid year of heavy use if she doesnt outgrow them first. Her feet grow fast so I buy almost a full size up. (At 10yo she wears a ladies 10 so I hope she is done for now lol)