Menu

Which posters do you get mixed up?

I started using these boards a few months ago. I am recognizing names/avatars a lot more now than I was then. I used to get so confused (and still do sometimes)!

The funny thing is, I only recently discovered that you all used a different board before this one started. I was feeling completely socially inept, seeing what great friends you already were, when these boards had only been around for like a half a year or something. Now everything makes a little more sense to me. :lol:

I actually mixed up myself and Chris in CA when we had similar avatars... I was reading down the list of posts, and thought for a moment... did I say that?

I mix up lots.... I think I'd be better with board names if I had faces to go with them!

Okay. Now THAT made me laugh out loud.

I am a pretty mixed up person most of the time, but I can honestly say that I have never confused myself with someone else. Not yet anyway.

Okay. Now THAT made me laugh out loud.

I am a pretty mixed up person most of the time, but I can honestly say that I have never confused myself with someone else. Not yet anyway.

I routinely confuse myself with someone smarter, younger, prettier, more stylish, and wiser than I.

Not on the boards, though. ;)

Can there be some kind of rule that says that the avatar that you choose is the one that you're stuck with forever? I mean, for the neurologically challenged among us? That is to say, for me? Because just about the time I get someone down pat, she up and changes her avatar.

Yes, Book Crazy, I'm talkin' to YOU. :toetap05:

:D

I do confuse people all of the time....That is one of the reasons I have Scarlett as my ID an avatar...I know I don't make a big impression on these HUGE boards, but I hope no one mixes me up.

I often mix up several CA residents.....it helps when I post regularly on some thread like the exercise thread.

A few that I NEVER mix up are Ria, Colleen, Remundamom, Peek, RegularMom, Joanne, Aubrey, Jessica (Trivium), Quiverof10, Jackie in AR, Pamela in TX, SolaMichella ...and I'm sure there are a few more, but those stand out in my mind.

I actually mixed up myself and Chris in CA when we had similar avatars... I was reading down the list of posts, and thought for a moment... did I say that?

I mix up lots.... I think I'd be better with board names if I had faces to go with them!

Something like this has happened to me as well. Sometimes people refer to me as KH. Sometime on the old board we had a new poster show up that used the handle KH which caused me some confusion sometimes. Now that we have avatars this doesn't happen near as much.

Yes, avatars definitely help for visual people like me. It can be rough when someone I don't know well changes their avatar. I had the same problem on the old board when people changed their names.

The mother whose husband dug their baby's grave.

I know this is a lighthearted thread, and I want to keep it that way -- but I also want to offer a sincere 'thank you' for that. Even if I'm nameless;), I am deeply touched that you remember that.:001_smile:

As far as who I get mixed up . . . oh, my. Don't get me started. I'd be here all night, and embarrass myself in the process.:tongue_smilie:

I often confuse:

Tutor and Erica in PA (I don't know why...)

Diana in OR with Dana in OR

Newbie and Sleepy

PiCo, Paz and Pster

Just thought of another inexplicable one: strider and tap, tap, tap.

That's funny that you would link Tutor and me together. She did used to live here in PA, not far from me I believe, and I think we tend to have sort of similar viewpoints, so that might be part of it.

As for me, I get the various Pams mixed up, and Audrey and Aubrey, and I always think all the Lauras are Linkobutfrus. :001_smile:

Erica

The two I used to mix up were MamaLynx and SolaMichella before Sola changed her avatar. Then I'd read their post and realize I was thinking of the wrong person.

:iagree: They seem very different, but it was the avatars that confused me. It is much easier now with SolaMichella's new pic.

sdWTMer always makes me think sad WTMer.

I have always read hpymomof3 as "Hyp (hip) mom of 3" and think, "What a cool mom!"

I get most everyone confused on a daily basis! But it's nice to know Apiphobic is linksalot. I'm sure I'll forget that by tomorrow.

:lol::lol: This is the reason I changed my board name. I kept reading posts by Ellen and didn't remember posting them. Then I realized there were several Ellen's on the board. I just didn't know many IRL.

I do get several of the similar sounding names mixed up. When y'all change avatars, I get rilly confused!

Found this thread while searching for one I started because I forgot about the subscribe to thread feature. I'm glad to know that Apiphobic is Linksalot. I've been wondering about this Apiphobic.

And, yes, I was Jenni in KS on the old board. I've seen posts by Prairie Phlox and momentarily thought I wrote them, then thought I must have lost my mind because I didn't remember writing them. True story.

I "recognize" many names here without remembering a single thing that they've posted previously (sorry! I'm just as bad with names/faces/personal histories in real life).

I always wonder if I leave a trail of confused people on these boards because I can get into a rip-roaring fight with someone and then completely forget who I was fighting with by the next day. (Again, pretty much how I am in real life).

If there's ever a "test" on this board, I'm toast.

LOL Yup, yup. Well, except for the fighting part. :001_smile:

That's funny that you would link Tutor and me together. She did used to live here in PA, not far from me I believe, and I think we tend to have sort of similar viewpoints, so that might be part of it.

As for me, I get the various Pams mixed up, and Audrey and Aubrey, and I always think all the Lauras are Linkobutfrus. :001_smile:

Erica

I was thinking along the same lines. I used to be "Laura in PA", so maybe that has something to do with it? (I keep kicking myself that I didn't try to meet you IRL, Erica, before I moved.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Some more I recently realized:

Jenn in Mo and Jill, OK

Jane in NC and Georgia in NC

Mad Charity and Mad Jenny Flint

I'm late reading this one! I just did a search for my name and ran across this. That's a high compliment to me! I couldn't have been more flattered if you had confused me for Jennifer Garner! :D