Menu

Scary thing that happened to me and a friend tonight...

actually, it happened more to her, but, it freaked me out too.

Tonight a friend and I decided to take a tuc-tuc (a 3 wheeled taxi kind of like a golf cart) home from Antigua. We got on and he made us a little nervous because he was taking a round about way to get to my house which is before her house and I was getting dropped off first. I kept telling him that I didn't like the way he was going and gave him directions another way.

He dropped me off, I walked in the door and not 1 minute later my friend called me from the side of the road crying that he had pulled a gun on her. I got into our car with my dh and immediately went to her to make sure she was okay and she could get home safely. She was shaken up, but, okay. She jumped out the moving tuc-tuc with her backpack onto the highway when she saw the gun. I couldn't believe it! I'm so thankful that she's okay. I thank God that we are both okay. It could have been bad.

We went to the police and reported it. But, neither one of us could remember the tuc-tuc number. And we described the guy--medium build, brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin, wore a blue baseball cap and a dark blue sweatshirt--the police were kind, but, they looked at us like "Ummm...that describes all of the tuc--tuc drivers in Antigua."

We noticed that his vehicle had flashing blue lights on the front so we drove around to see if we could find it and report the number to the police, but, no luck. I'm sure that he high tailed it out of there when she jumped out of his tuc-tuc.

actually, it happened more to her, but, it freaked me out too.

Tonight a friend and I decided to take a tuc-tuc (a 3 wheeled taxi kind of like a golf cart) home from Antigua. We got on and he made us a little nervous because he was taking a round about way to get to my house which is before her house and I was getting dropped off first. I kept telling him that I didn't like the way he was going and gave him directions another way.

He dropped me off, I walked in the door and not 1 minute later my friend called me from the side of the road crying that he had pulled a gun on her. I got into our car with my dh and immediately went to her to make sure she was okay and she could get home safely. She was shaken up, but, okay. She jumped out the moving tuc-tuc with her backpack onto the highway when she saw the gun. I couldn't believe it! I'm so thankful that she's okay. I thank God that we are both okay. It could have been bad.

Phew! Glad you two are OK now!

she had a hard time today. We had to be at the cafe all day because of a training seminar our base was doing for people today and dh and I came in early. We were setting up and she came in hyperventalating and crying. She had had a panic attack on her way here while she was walking through town. Please just pray for her that her fear is taken away.

You all are so sweet! I appreciate the good thoughts and prayers. We went to the police today, but, it will be impossible to catch the guy who did this. All we can do is hope that he doesn't do it to anyone else.