Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Morning, all!  

I didn't accomplish much yesterday, although the laundry is done. Well, at least for a few hours.

To do:

gym

return the two, very overdue books to library that were hiding in my room like chameleons; I must have looked at them a 100 times without seeing them

call roofer for estimate

gather tax stuff, make appointment

math and history with dd

clean dining room table

dd to art class

continue working on craft table/area

Have a great day, all!

• Like 8

Twins started work with playtherapist. Can you believe she came and did a house visit on dh and myself and stayed for three hours and encouraged us to talk and talk and talk and didn't charge us anything because she was so concerned about us and the huge stress we are under due to new arrival and huge pressure from DHHS and placement agency as well as new arrival's challenging behaviour.

Run on sentence I know

• Like 11

Twins started work with playtherapist. Can you believe she came and did a house visit on dh and myself and stayed for three hours and encouraged us to talk and talk and talk and didn't charge us anything because she was so concerned about us and the huge stress we are under due to new arrival and huge pressure from DHHS and placement agency as well as new arrival's challenging behaviour.

Run on sentence I know

Melissa, I'm rooting for you from the other side of the world (Virginia USA)!  I'm glad someone is listening and trying to support you in your efforts to be good parents to needy children!

• Like 7

Woke up too early.  Boo.  Hiss.

Read City of God

Plan meals for today and tomorrow

Make appt with vet

Make driver ed appt

Prep for co-op

take 15 yo to math tutor

shop

Take 15 yo to study group

at some point study for NLE with teens

P/u 15 yo and take to voice lesson (1/2 hr earlier than usual.  Mustn't forget!)

Dinner ??? TBD

• Like 8

Is it Wednesday already?

x - Get up at 4 am to roll out cinnamon rolls
x - Bake them at 5:30am
x - Fix lunches
x - Get dh and dd out the door early
x - Go back to bed for an hour
x - Shower/fix my hair/etc
x - Ds to school
x - Drop off one batch of cinnamon rolls at the middle school
x- Take the other batch to dh's work for an office breakfast
x - Go to ds' science fair

x - go on a walk
Send email about activity tonight
x - Take a nap
x - Pick up kids
x - Ds to orthodontist
Leftovers for dinner
Church night
Whew!!

Edited by wendy not in HI
  • Like 7

Good morning!

•more tax stuff, take to post office

•office work

•school

•food prep

•exercise

•read

•declutter linen closets

•meal plan for the next week

•dd violin lesson

•dinner=broccoli cheddar calzones

• Like 7

Was so exhausted after yesterday, I was hoping school would be called off again, but no luck.

Today is a deadline day.  I hope I remember to do everything that needs done.  I've been slipping recently and need to get ahead before the really hard work starts.

• Kids off to the school bus.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Some work done.

To do:

• More work.
  • Call the doctor.
  • Pay some bills.
  • Calendar.
  • A little housework, reading, exercise.
  • Kids' work.
  • Kid to gymnastics.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 8

Run on sentence I know

Great news.

I am glad you have found someone that is committed to helping you.

• Like 5

Late to the party today. Dh is working at home and that always makes for a weird day.

About an hour of school left to do.

Lesson prep for church tonight. 

Possibly go get Dh's car   (Yes, it has been in the shop for about 10 days! Long story. Nm. We have a loaner from a family member.)

Read with kids

Meal planning

Church tonight for choir, dinner and class. 

• Like 4

I want to meltdown. I feel like I work and work and work and have nothing to show for it.  This week we have off from homeschool (though I am still doing 3 hours of college student driving a day) and what have I gotten done?  In the last 3 days:  I have had one half hour of fun piano playing.  And I went out to lunch for my brother (a couple of hours for that).  And we went out for frozen yogurt one afternoon. 

Today was supposed to be a big work on project day.  And I did get some done.

I got three major medical bill headaches solved including the one that was inexplicably accruing late fees even though we paid it months ago.  (I even convinced her to waive all the late fees since we have a good payment record.)

I've done (almost) all of the college chauffeuring. 

Dd got one bag of old clothing to go to Goodwill.

I got one bag of old clothing to go to Goodwill.

I got one box of old homeschool books to go to the homeschool consignment shop but ran out of time to actually drive there - that will have to be tomorrow.

I'm still behind in laundry.  And the bathroom looks disgusting.  And I forgot about the pharmacy again until I saw this thread but I'm not sure if I have the time to stop there.  And the living room and dining room still are messy and cluttered.  And I have absolutely no idea what to have for dinner. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

We had soup and sandwiches for dinner:  pizza subs and canned lentil soup.  Teens are now making popcorn for dessert.

Sorry Jean that you feel so overwhelmed.  I don't know if this will help, but sometimes I still do the thing where I put on a timer and tell everyone to hop to and TIDY SOMETHING as fast as they can until the timer goes off.  It is good way to get something done so that the cluttered mess doesn't depress as much.

• Like 3

Jean, it sounds to me like you got a lot done, especially with driving three hours a day. I would have a hard time getting anything done if I had to be in the car that much!

Yes, this!!

I hope you get some rest tonight and have a less frustrating day tomorrow, Jean!

• Like 2