Menu

Movie suggestions

DawnM

I have decided to treat myself to a couple of movies this weekend, while I am sitting here, sick with some nasty head cold. I am not sick enough to sleep all day, but not well enough to actually DO anything.

They don't have to be Netflix, I don't mind renting from Amazon if it is available, I just am not going out anywhere to get anything.

Just rented Saving Mr. Banks and watching it, but thought maybe a couple more for the weekend would be good.

Suggestions?

I like a variety of things, but no horror. I do like psychological thrillers though.

Dawn

Edited by DawnM

the crown

the philadelphia story (cary grant, katharine hepburn, jimmy stewart.)  love love love the repartee

bringing up baby (baby is a leopard)

the great race (jack lemon, tony curtis, natalie wood)

if you like psychological thrillers - have you looked at hitchcock movies?  charade? north by northwest? to catch a thief? rear window?

how to steal a million (audrey hepburn, peter o'toole)

• Like 2

Don't know if it's still there, but amazon prime had The Twilight Zone to stream... 

Young Dracula (BBC) is pretty cute. It has enough seasons to get you through till you're well. :D

Oops, those are tv series. Well if you watch the whole thing, they're a movie sorta. 

Philomena was interesting and sort of different.

Edited by OhElizabeth
  • Like 1

I'm sick too and I watched Madaari starring Irrfan Khan today. I shed a few tears. 

And I haven't seen this but my kids had quite a few years ago, Nacho Libre. You've probably already seen it, but it was a first time for me and I found it silly but I needed a few laughs. I always wondered why my kids would say they had a certain affliction since Easters. 

• Like 1

The Accountant is great.

Someone mentioned Philomena, which is a really good movie.

One of my faves is Lawless. Such a good movie. And you get to stare at Tom Hardy. ðŸ˜

We're about to watch Hacksaw Ridge...

Is the Accountant out on DVD now?

Wanna hear a story about that movie.  My oldest (19) and his friends went to see it.  His two friends are 18 and 17.  No one had ID.  They let his younger friends in but didn't let him in!  

I had to go pick him up, go get our $$ back, etc.....the security guard was SO RUDE!  He came storming over and said, "Um, Ma'am, here are our rules!" and I responded with, "Ok, I just want my money back."  He wouldn't shut up, he went on and on about how as a mom I shouldn't be bailing out my grown son and I should cut the apron strings, and why was I in there anyway, etc.....

I was SO ANGRY!  I finally looked him right in the eye and say, "YOU need to be quiet!  I just want my money back, I don't need any parenting advice from a security guard!"

He backed off but made one more snide remark, which made me want to smack him.  I wouldn't even look at him anymore, and put my hand up with a "talk to the hand" attitude.

This is my Aspie son.  We are just so thrilled that he has friends, is starting to do things on his own, etc....3 years ago, we couldn't  have done it.

ARGH!!!!!!

• Like 1

Is the Accountant out on DVD now?

Wanna hear a story about that movie.  My oldest (19) and his friends went to see it.  His two friends are 18 and 17.  No one had ID.  They let his younger friends in but didn't let him in!  

I had to go pick him up, go get our $$ back, etc.....the security guard was SO RUDE!  He came storming over and said, "Um, Ma'am, here are our rules!" and I responded with, "Ok, I just want my money back."  He wouldn't shut up, he went on and on about how as a mom I shouldn't be bailing out my grown son and I should cut the apron strings, and why was I in there anyway, etc.....

I was SO ANGRY!  I finally looked him right in the eye and say, "YOU need to be quiet!  I just want my money back, I don't need any parenting advice from a security guard!"

He backed off but made one more snide remark, which made me want to smack him.  I wouldn't even look at him anymore, and put my hand up with a "talk to the hand" attitude.

This is my Aspie son.  We are just so thrilled that he has friends, is starting to do things on his own, etc....3 years ago, we couldn't  have done it.

ARGH!!!!!!

I would have complained to someone higher up - after the movie - and let it slip that this security guard (or whoever) had no problem letting the two younger students in.

Why can't a 19 year old see a movie?  Is there a higher age limit or was it just because he couldn't prove his age in time for the movie to start?  And why wouldn't they give him his money back?

• Like 2

I would have complained to someone higher up - after the movie - and let it slip that this security guard (or whoever) had no problem letting the two younger students in.

Why can't a 19 year old see a movie?  Is there a higher age limit or was it just because he couldn't prove his age in time for the movie to start?  And why wouldn't they give him his money back?

No ID with him and he looks young.

And he didn't know what he was supposed to do!  I am sure if he had thought of it, they would have refunded his money.

And I wrote several online reviews, naming him in them.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 1