Menu

So baby has to stay in a bit longer!

ktgrok

I'm 38 weeks 3 days. And as much as I'm uncomfortable, etc, I am now ordering her to stay put. My doula has the flu! And I was late getting my TDaP shot, so just got it today, and that takes up to two weeks to be effective at passing on immunity. And the border collie has a big hot spot I had to shave today and will need medicating. And the cleaning lady is out of town next week. And so in general, this lady needs to stay put for a bit longer!

• Like 7

Wait, what? How can you be that far along already? It seems like yesterday when you announced you were pregnant.

Time sure does fly (at least it does when I'm not the pregnant one).

Here's to everything settling down for you and a baby who decides to wait.

Wow. Time does fly! Can't wait to hear about your little arrival!

Yup, tempting fate. You've done it now. You know what is going to happen - either she will be early or you will have to be induced. :laugh:

Just please avoid the NICU...

Amen!

We do have an excellent women and children's hospital here...two actually. But I plan to avoid them!

Last two babies were 41 weeks 5 days, so probably not early, although you never know! Never been induced, and I'm a VBAC so hoping now, though the one hospital will do a foley bulb induction on a VBAC so that is good news. I'm going to start bio physical profiles next week (39 weeks) for my own sanity and due to my age (almost 41). 

Right now, no signs of impending labor, but I probably should mop my floors and such just in case, lol. 

SaveSave

• Like 4

Wait, what? How can you be that far along already? It seems like yesterday when you announced you were pregnant.

Time sure does fly (at least it does when I'm not the pregnant one).

Here's to everything settling down for you and a baby who decides to wait.

Exactly what I was thinking! Wow time flies. Here's hoping she stays put a bit longer.

Amen!

We do have an excellent women and children's hospital here...two actually. But I plan to avoid them!

Last two babies were 41 weeks 5 days, so probably not early, although you never know! Never been induced, and I'm a VBAC so hoping now, though the one hospital will do a foley bulb induction on a VBAC so that is good news. I'm going to start bio physical profiles next week (39 weeks) for my own sanity and due to my age (almost 41).

Right now, no signs of impending labor, but I probably should mop my floors and such just in case, lol.

Save

Save

[/quo

Ooo are you nesting?

Please remember that even if she does not have symptoms in a few days the CDC website says she is still contagious for 14 days - I honestly would not let her near my little one for at least two weeks after her fever is gone!

Agreed. I looked it up first thing! So baby has to sit tight that long, which would also be when my Tdap vaccine is most effective, so win win. 

• Like 1

Yup, tempting fate. You've done it now. You know what is going to happen - either she will be early or you will have to be induced. :laugh:

Just please avoid the NICU...

:iagree:

I was just thinking little miss is rubbing her hands and saying "Challenge accepted - I must arrive soon!!" 

• Like 1