Menu

since getting off facebook.....

HollyDay

I've finished a quilt top, learned a new crochet stitch and started an afghan to use up yarn stash, read 2 books, bought an Instant Pot and learned new recipes.  On top of the "everyday usual" homeschool, laundry, insurance, cooking, cleaning, appointments, driving here and there for music/co-op, etc......

I wonder what else will get done??

• Like 20

I didn't get off facebook but I've cut way back and am pleased with how much I've been getting done. I can only imagine how productive I'd be if I cut back on my time here too!

That's exactly what I was going to say. I do go to FB reguarly, but I don't waste much time there. This is really the place where I will literally keep looking through threads just to avoid doing my real work.

• Like 14

That's exactly what I was going to say. I do go to FB reguarly, but I don't waste much time there. This is really the place where I will literally keep looking through threads just to avoid doing my real work.

:lol: Me too, every word. I managed to cut my time down here for awhile, but since the election, it somehow managed to ramp back up  :glare: I was just thinking yesterday that I need to stay offline in general more. It's just, you guys are so helpful, and so much fun! :D

• Like 4

:lol: Me too, every word. I managed to cut my time down here for awhile, but since the election, it somehow managed to ramp back up :glare: I was just thinking yesterday that I need to stay offline in general more. It's just, you guys are so helpful, and so much fun! :D

Once in a while, my son will play-act with me, as if he is the parent and I am the child. For example, I'll be making my breakfast and he'll say, "Now make sure you include some nice fruits and vegetables in there, honey." Well, last week, he walked over to me and took my iPad away and said, "I think you have had enough screen-time for today." ðŸ˜. Busted.

• Like 9

Facebook is not a time-sink for me, and blogs aren't anymore - I used to have a reader full of blogs, then something happened and I couldn't access it anymore, and what do you know, I didn't miss them!

This place is my biggest on-line procrastination spot, for sure. 

• Like 3

Like I'm doing right now?

I don't do Facebook or anything else online really, but I can waste hours here at WTM. Sometimes I put myself in "time out" - logged out, read only mode.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 2

I have a lot of sit-and-wait time and revert to the forum here instead of reading other things or taking along handwork. I really should get better at planning ahead to bring thise items in addition to my smart phone.

I'd dump fb altogether but there are now groups using it as the only means of vital communication. I have unfollowed 80% of my friends, though, and just visit their pages every now and then to check up on them. My news feed had gotten totally ridiculous.

• Like 1

I am off Facebook for the most part. I come here when I'm feeding my disabled non-verbal son. My accomplishment? I've had time to paint 1700 square feet of dark gray green a new bright color. My house has changed dramatically. I still have three cans of untinted paint left. Onto the ugly gray green in the bathrooms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've finished a quilt top, learned a new crochet stitch and started an afghan to use up yarn stash, read 2 books, bought an Instant Pot and learned new recipes.  On top of the "everyday usual" homeschool, laundry, insurance, cooking, cleaning, appointments, driving here and there for music/co-op, etc......

I wonder what else will get done??

Is anyone old enough to remember Maynard G. Krebs?  I saw that list and thought WORK!!

I'm too lazy for all that, will stay on FB..