Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I already plan on being quite lazy today, but I do have a few things I need to accomplish.

-wash baseball clothes for tournament tomorrow

-start a new book

-lay outside to get some color on my legs (we live in FL and I have a big event next weekend and want to have a little color)

-lesson plan history for the next 2-3 weeks, order books from library

-cook the roast beef that has been sitting in my fridge for the past 4 days

-meal plan for the week (DH out of town, oldest has to be at his training gym or baseball practice every stinking night during dinner time and it makes it really hard to get meals ready and on the table)

ETA:  well, it is 8 pm and I have accomplished exactly one thing on my list.  What a day.

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 7

Good morning! Busy day here. Already dropped off ds3 at swim practice. Dh is taking ds2 into his "nerd fest" day. Then he will pick up ds3 and they will play tennis. I will take dd2 to her early state warmup and then wait and save a couple of seats-especially for dmil. Watch state, pick up ds2, head home.

Have a great day!

• Like 7

Morning, all!

Today is/was my sister's birthday...I am going to drive around until I find something good to do, thinking of sponsoring a pet adoption in her name.  If I can get dd up and going, maybe some sort of outing.  Her Rxs have played havoc with her sleep schedule.  

To do:

Coffee

some grading

work on budget

read for 52 week challenge

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Well, I was planning on coaching skiing this morning, but it got cancelled - too cold for the little kids.

Instead, I am going to bake something a bit later after I drink all the coffee DH made before he left.  DD15 has a rehearsal with her accompanist later today and I think it might be here at the house.  The accompanist is a good friend of mine, so it's a nice excuse to drink tea and eat goodies after the rehearsal.  Maybe pumpkin cookies?  Sounds good on a cold day.

Since I'm not skiing this morning, I will probably take the opportunity to wash everyone's ski gear.  I don't usually bother unless it gets too sweaty, but this looks like a good day to wash jackets and pants.

• Like 4

Took twins to swimming lessons. Because of their needs( delays) they have their swimming lessons 1 hour drive each direction.

Left new arrival with dh

Took ds13 and his best friend along. Ds thought he would practice butterfly kick and said somehow he got confused and swam down instead of along and chipped a big hunk off his front tooth. Dh and ds,dd were going camping Sunday but they will have to delay it in the hope we can find a dentist that can fit him in on Monday.

Did some shopping

Got home in time to cook tea and start the bedtime routine

• Like 3

Today has been a pretty nice Saturday.

• Unintentionally slept in until 10am, despite going to bed early last night.  We all felt great after the extra sleep.  :)
  • Kids to horse riding.  Worked / chatted while the kids rode and mucked.
  • Grocery shopping with the girls.  Something we don't do together much.
  • We enjoyed all our meals together at home today - uncommon for us.
  • Cleaned the house.
  • Assigned kids' work - math, spelling/vocab, music practice, room cleaning ... reviewed & helped with math & spelling/vocab.
  • Some online shopping.
  • A little reading and exercise.
  • Some "work" work, but not much.
  • Read aloud while the kids were getting ready for bed.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Now, I'm supposed to be working ....
  • Like 1

Well 

We had kid gymnastics for a few hours in the morning.  Dh started and took a few kids, I came to take some kids halfway through.  We had plans to head to a really fun program, but in the middle of talking to a mom my baby started vomiting all over me and all over the gym mats.  Fun times.

Poor pumpkin was so scared as that was the first time she had ever thrown up. 

So needless to say the rest of the day got cancelled.  We cleaned her up and the mats and I headed home with her where she got sick 2 more times.  Took a long nap and since then has been ok.  

• Like 1