Menu

Land's End can't be returned at Sears?? Updated

Moxie

My mil loves to shop at LE online. She also thinks I'm several sizes smaller than I am so I usually need to return her gifts. I went into the LE dept. at Sears yesterday and was told I need to call LE and be sent a mailer to return a shirt?? They wouldn't accept it even as an exchange. They have the same shirt sitting there! Annoying.

Edited by Moxie

I don't think your Sears store was correct (unless they have a special exemption?).  I just called Land's End this morning about a coat with a broken zipper, and the customer service rep said that I could either send it in or return it to Sears.  

Our nearest Sears is 45 minutes away, so I usually just end up mailing things rather than dragging five kids 45 minutes away to the mall, but I do like having the Sears return option.

• Like 2

I thought they were in the process of splitting the companies up as of more than a year ago.

Sears is trying to sell the Land's End brand. They haven't been successful yet. 

They did just succeed in selling the Craftsman brand, so maybe a Land's End sale will be successful. 

Update--I called LE. They say that Sears should absolutely be able to accept a return. They do have to call LE and get the original order info. She also said that this is a common problem and they are trying to fix it.

I need to go back to Sears and see what happens with this new info. I'll let you know.

• Like 4

Update--I called LE. They say that Sears should absolutely be able to accept a return. They do have to call LE and get the original order info. She also said that this is a common problem and they are trying to fix it.

I need to go back to Sears and see what happens with this new info. I'll let you know.

thanks for the update.

it could have been a lazy salesperson, or one who doesn't understand  the policy.  or even just a new one.

I vote for 1 or 2. a new one would have been more likely to ask for help from someone more experienced if they didn't know how to do it.

Edited by gardenmom5

I took a Lands End return to my local Sears - which does NOT carry Lands End in stock - last week, and had no problem returning it.  My credit check from LE came in today's mail, too.  I agree with trulycrabby.  Someone at your local Sears is being lazy or ignorant.  Note, you do need either the order info - I was returning a coat (broken zipper) I had bought in Nov. 2015 at a kiosk in a Sears in California to be shipped to me in Illinois.  I had called Lands End and been told yes, it was within the two year return period so they would send me a new one to replace it (they did) AND they looked up the original order number so I would have it to give to my local Sears for the return.  Did you have the order number? 

Lands End would charge your a $6 or so shipping fee if you ask for a return label. 

Edited by JFSinIL

I had the same problem a month ago after I ordered at Land's End and then found out from a LE rep that *some* Sears stores wouldn't take the return because they had discontinued their relationship with LE.  I called LE and they gave me return instructions and I returned the items and got a refund in the form of original payment.  If it's a gift, they will return payment to you as a gift card in the amount of purchase.  Some Sears do take the returns and some won't; new policy and the choice of the Sears store to accept the LE returns or not.

My mil loves to shop at LE online. She also thinks I'm several sizes smaller than I am so I usually need to return her gifts. I went into the LE dept. at Sears yesterday and was told I need to call LE and be sent a mailer to return a shirt?? They wouldn't accept it even as an exchange. They have the same shirt sitting there! Annoying.

Edited by reefgazer

So strange. I went to the LE in Sears a second time and explained the situation again. They couldn't do a refund or exchange but they are mailing me a check? I've never returned something somewhere sans receipt and got money back but they asked, gift card or check. So odd.

• Like 1

Just to add another perspective: Sears told me they no longer service Kenmore brands and cannot accept repair/service orders for Kenmore, even if still under warranty.  They said I had to send to Kenmore directly.  They weren't sure where that was.

They did end up taking the vacuum for servicing anyway, but only because it had been serviced in December and this "repair" was because the last one they did didn't actually do anything. So it was covered under the warranty on their repair, if that makes sense.

So I think they are trying to shake things up, LE may be another example of them changing policies haphazardly.