Menu

New Englanders, not much mention about your blizzard...just another winter day?

gaillardia

Are you thinking: You are used to it, so why bother to mention it? Or we're not hearing from you because you still have no electric?

My dh is totally against living in snow areas again. We had 72 degrees here today, bare feet, riding along with the windows down, not normal conditions for north central Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth). It is usually a bit cooler.

Most of the Christmas breaks we've had since we moved here were snow events and we don't have snow plows here.  :confused1:

No blizzard here.  

I looked at your link.  A weather report of "heavy snow and strong winds" is just snow here.  A true blizzard = heavy snow and crazy-fast wind resulting in visibility near 0 and widespread power loss due to branches down.  

• Like 2

If it snows in ski country (like last week's snow), it's GOOD news.

If it snows for the rest of New England, anything under a foot is no big deal.

If it snows at rush hour to shut down either Boston or NYC (not New England, but people get confused, LOL) for > 45 minutes, GENERAL PANIC.

:D

And the forecast can change from 18" to nothing while you are "refreshing" your browser.

• Like 4

I am in West Michigan and we are under an advisory for 10 inches overnight with high winds. Not nearly a blizzard. I am honestly hoping we get at least 6-8 out of this storm as our snow is gone in a lot of places and skiing has been nil the past 2 weeks :-(

• Like 2

I know people in the inland-seacoast area who got 18", and in Maine who got more than 2 feet. In the mountains-Vermont border we got 3 inches. We were in the 12" forecast zone. What a disappointment.

That's what I'm talking about! I really do miss being in snow, but I hate being cold. 

In ME, we got over a foot of snow on Thurs. into Fri. with lots of heavy wind and power outages as well as 5 more inches on Sat. night with 6 more inches expected tomorrow night into Wed. Typical I would say. 72 degrees sounds blissful! I want to go where you are OP! 

This is also what I'm talking about. A blizzard or blizzard conditions, kind of the same to me. We had blizzard conditions here a few years ago. That was fun. Today it is in the 50s and dropping and a cold wind, cloudy. 

My dream is living here and living in Maine. No one else believes with me though. 98+ degrees keeps me inside in the summer from June through mid-September. Even at night it doesn't cool down.

That's what I'm talking about! I really do miss being in snow, but I hate being cold. 

This is also what I'm talking about. A blizzard or blizzard conditions, kind of the same to me. We had blizzard conditions here a few years ago. That was fun. Today it is in the 50s and dropping and a cold wind, cloudy. 

My dream is living here and living in Maine. No one else believes with me though. 98+ degrees keeps me inside in the summer from June through mid-September. Even at night it doesn't cool down.

You could be a snowbird! Summers are perfectly beautiful here. But it sounds like TX would be much nicer than here in the winter. LOL. Someday I want to be a snowbird... 

• Like 1

You could be a snowbird! Summers are perfectly beautiful here. But it sounds like TX would be much nicer than here in the winter. LOL. Someday I want to be a snowbird...

It was 80 here yesterday. A little winter would be nice. It helps erase the dread of 100 degrees with 95% humidity that is right around the corner!