Menu

Ice Skating in our Tropical Valley 3 degrees North of the Equator

Lanny

Before I moved to Cali, Colombia, almost 22 years ago, I gave away my Ice Skates, because there was no ice skating rink here.  At that time, never did it occur to me that with time, I would go ice skating with my 16 year old DD.  They opened a new shopping center, in North Cali, last July or August.  To my knowledge, this is the first place in Cali that has a permanent ice skating rink.  We went there on Thursday. This was the first time on ice skates for DD and my first time in I don't know how many years.   My wife took this photo. She said we can go back there, maybe every 2 to 4 weeks.  It is one hour +, each way, from where we live.

ETA: The system reduced the photo to a Thumbnail. If you click on that, it gets larger 

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 23

I'm happy for you, Lanny!  :thumbup1:

My personal wish for my area would be an old-school roller skating rink, with at least one 80's night a week.  :coolgleamA:

Are you referring to a rink with a Wood floor and skates with 4 wooden wheels?   When i was in High School, one night I went with a bunch of kids to a rink like that. One of them told me, "if you can ice skate, this will be easy for you".  I never did that again. That seemed to be extremely dangerous, compared to ice skating.  I hope they build a rink like you want, near to  you in the near future!

• Like 1

Are you referring to a rink with a Wood floor and skates with 4 wooden wheels?   When i was in High School, one night I went with a bunch of kids to a rink like that. One of them told me, "if you can ice skate, this will be easy for you".  I never did that again. That seemed to be extremely dangerous, compared to ice skating.  I hope they build a rink like you want, near to  you in the near future!

I'd be happy with any kind of roller skating rink, but yes, a wood floor would be fun! I can't ice skate but I love to roller skate.  :)

• Like 1