Menu

What new emojis would you like to see on the forum?

MercyA

:seeya: Obviously I have no authority to actually make anything happen here, but if you could add new emojis to our smiley menu, what would they be?

I'd like to see:

A cupcake

A glass of wine (right now I have to make do with the beer-clinking guys)

A bar of chocolate

(are you sensing a theme?)

A mushroom cloud (for threads destined to explode)

A white flag of truce

Something to represent "no snark intended" (snark inside a red circle, with a red line across it?)

Something 80's, just because I love the 80's (big hair emoji? break dancing emoji?)

A peace sign (of course)

Any other ideas?  :bigear:

• Like 1

I was going to say eyeroll, but we have that.  I think I want the eyeroll emoji for my texts.  I could make good use of that. 

Didn't we used to have a queasy vomit guy?

I want a fistbump.  That would be good. I'm sure we could retire this guy to make room.  :hat:
Has anyone else ever used this guy ever?

• Like 2

I was going to say eyeroll, but we have that.  I think I want the eyeroll emoji for my texts.  I could make good use of that. 

I want a fistbump.  That would be good. I'm sure we could retire this guy to make room.  :hat:

LOL!  I mean,  :lol:.

We still have the queasy vomit guy, I think:  :ack2: . Or did you mean a guy who is *actually* vomiting?

I've often been puzzled over this guy  :hat:, as well. What does he MEAN? What is he FOR? Is he, like, a Cat in the Hat guy, or a guy looking for a party, or what?

I like the fist bump idea.  :thumbup1:

• Like 1

I was going to say eyeroll, but we have that. I think I want the eyeroll emoji for my texts. I could make good use of that.

I want a fistbump. That would be good. I'm sure we could retire this guy to make room. :hat:

Ellie. Like, every day.
  • Like 6

LOL!  I mean,  :lol:.

We still have the queasy vomit guy, I think:  :ack2: . Or did you mean a guy who is *actually* vomiting?

I've often been puzzled over this guy  :hat: , as well. What does he MEAN? What is he FOR? Is he, like, a Cat in the Hat guy, or a guy looking for a party, or what?

I like the fist bump idea.  :thumbup1:

Yeah, the actually vomiting emoji.  Maybe I've seen it somewhere else. 

:hat:  I think he's the I voted guy.  He looks smug and secretive as well as sporting a patriotic hat.

• Like 1

Ellie. Like, every day.

But what FOR?

Just randomly at the end of posts. I don't know what it means.

Oh, Ellieeee! What's this guy for? I kinda like him now that we're talking about him. I think something should pop out of his hat.

• Like 2

You're right! How did I miss that? We need to tell her she can't that tomorrow because now he's the I voted guy. She can have him back on Wednesday.

That's what I was thinking: how did I miss that. I knew there was something familiar about that guy and it's Ellie. Does she have him next to a son or daughter's name? As a little picture of the person?

Edited by Garga

Oh, Ellieeee! What's this guy for? I kinda like him now that we're talking about him. I think something should pop out of his hat.

Garga, we keep cross-posting. 

If I had been drinking when you said "something should pop out of his hat," I would have spit it all over the screen.  :smilielol5:

• Like 2

Garga, we keep cross-posting.

If I had been drinking when you said "something should pop out of his hat," I would have spit it all over the screen. :smilielol5:

I think you, me, and Barb are the only people posting anymore. We keep bumping into each other on these threads. Everyone else is sensible and has gone to bed, at least here on the east coast. It's after midnight here and when I get really silly. :).

ETA: And Slache, too...she's still posting!

Edited by Garga
  • Like 2

I think you, me, and Barb are the only people posting anymore. We keep bumping into each other on these threads. Everyone else is sensible and has gone to bed, at least here on the east coast. It's after midnight here and when I get really silly. :).

Ha! I was just thinking the same.  I'm headed to bed even though it only ten here.  It may be a late night tomorrow

Obviously we need a kilt emoji.

I have also wondered what Ellie meant with the tall hat dude.

I feel like the saluting soldier is rarely used. And people use the driving ones in their sigs but otherwise I don't know totally what they mean either. Like, I'm leaving. Except, happily.  :auto:  Or I'm honking at you, but only in a friendly way?  :driving:

• Like 1

I only post from my iPad now... and I can't use the emojis like I did from my desktop. I just have the ones that seem to be standard on iPhones & iPads.

I can see all of the "old" emojis, wondering if everyone sees mine as I do? I do not use the tapatalk app.

🙄 Eye roll

😷 Hospital mask, closest I have to barfy guy

🹠Fruity little drink because I can't shoot whiskey

🤔 Thoughtful guy

💯 100... The kids seem to use it a lot, wondering if it has some 'secret' meaning I'm finally too old to understand?

I only post from my iPad now... and I can't use the emojis like I did from my desktop. I just have the ones that seem to be standard on iPhones & iPads.

I can see all of the "old" emojis, wondering if everyone sees mine as I do? I do not use the tapatalk app.

🙄 Eye roll

🤔 Thoughtful guy

💯 100... The kids seem to use it a lot, wondering if it has some 'secret' meaning I'm finally too old to understand?

I don't see those emojis as you do.  Assuming the way you posted them here is how you are seeing them.  (I'm kind of confused now.)

• Like 2

I don't see those emojis as you do. Assuming the way you posted them here is how you are seeing them. (I'm kind of confused now.)

Hmmm... what are you seeing?

In my signature, I have the"regular" emojis because I put them in from my desktop computer.

I will try to figure out how to post a screenshot.

And apologies for the unintentional hijack! Interesting that we may not all be seeing the same things! But it doesn't sound like it's even the difference between how Gmail and iMessage shows the same emoji in slightly different form...

In my signature, I have the"regular" emojis because I put them in from my desktop computer.

And apologies for the unintentional hijack! Interesting that we may not all be seeing the same things! But it doesn't sound like it's even the difference between how Gmail and iMessage shows the same emoji in slightly different form...

Edited to remove screenshot,,, no idea what info is embedded in my digital photos and not taking chances.

Edited by Rebel Yell

🙄 Eye roll

🤔 Thoughtful guy

I'll describe them.  The eye roll just looks like a small rectangle with numbers/letters I can't make out..  So does thoughtful guy.  Hospital mask looks like a very tiny face with squished eyes and I guess what does sort of resemble a face mask (although really this thing is so tiny it's hard to tell).  Fruity drink looks like a silhouette of a short stemmed glass with something sticking out that does resemble perhaps a piece of fruit.  100 is just 100 with an underline. 

So the only one that makes sense to me is really the fruity drink.  I've never seen that symbol here before though. 

I can't see the eye roll or thoughtful guy (they don't appear on my screen at all, not even distorted), but I can see the other ones.

Don't apologize! I  :001_wub: meandering threads.

ETA: The other three emojis appear to me just as they are in your screen shot.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 2

I really, really, REALLY want an elephant icon (insatiable curiosity), a ninja elephant icon (for the Elephant Ninja Brigade), and a camel icon (for "hummph").

I would like to see a bar of chocolate, a cup of hot beverage, cheerleaders with pom-poms, a face-palm (for when hitting your head on a brick wall is just a little extreme).

I would like to see an icon that takes a bow, and a thank-you icon (or thank-you-very-much).

Ellie isn't the only one who uses stripy-hat guy, but she does use him regularly.  I always read that as another version of a smiley, a basically happy/contented/pleased one.  When I hover my pointer over it the code says "hat".

I would use "patriot" to indicate I voted.   :patriot:   We could use some others, though, for other countries, or a general "I voted" icon.

I'd like a less guilty-looking version of "leaving", basically one gleefully running off to take advantage of an opportunity someone mentioned instead of skulking away.

I'd like a lecture icon.  Because I lecture my kids a LOT.  Just ask them.

I'd like an ouchie or owie icon, and a bandaid icon.

I'd like an ice cube icon for those hot, sweltering summer days.  Maybe also a sweating or dripping person icon.

I'd like a frozen person icon for when people feel cold.

I'd like a stuffy icon for allergy seasons.  Or a box of tissues icon.

I'd like an island icon (our relaxing getaway we visit when we need a little me-time), a fruity drink icon, and a massage table icon.  Maybe a generic spa icon of a head wrapped in a towel and wearing a mud mask on the face.  Beach and mountain and tree icons would also be nice.  Perhaps a hiking boot.  Or a canoe or kayak.

How about a bicycle?  A boat?  An airplane?  A scuba mask?

How about a string of lights?  Those are useful for so many different occasions.

I'd like a snowflake or snowfall icon, a storm cloud icon, a windy icon, and a sunny day icon.

I'd like a nodding head icon, without the "I agree" sign so the head is bigger and we can see it better.  Keep the "I agree" sign icon, but let us have another of just the nodding head.

And maybe a shaking head.

I'd like a "shh" icon, for secrets, "don't tell", or lowering the volume.  I'd like a hand-to-the-ear icon for "speak up" or "I can't hear you".  (Shushing and hand-to-ear icons are more for what we are relating in our posts and not so much for communication of requested actions from posters.)

"Rolleyes" is actually present twice, in the same page of icons.  We could dispense with one of them easily.  There are also 3 sunglasses-wearing icons, two of which are nearly identical AND on the same page of icons.  We could likely cull one of those, too.  "Wub" shows up twice, on two different pages near the end.

I'd like to see a Yay! icon and an SWB icon.  Because those two should be used together quite regularly.

• Like 2

How about some music notes?  Something musical other than "nopity".  Also a dancer icon, and maybe a stage with curtains opening and a stage with curtains closing.

How about a pretty, wrapped present icon?

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 1

I want a "call the substitute" emoji. Not just for teaching, but for everything else. For example, I'm ready to call a substitute me to handle the next 48 hours or so (since no matter what the election results come out to be, tomorrow is likely to be just as nausea inducing as the last few months have been).

• Like 5

I always thought of  :hat: as a little man with a Turkish fez!  Even though it's an awfully tall fez!

I like the thinking guy: 🤔

And the little guy waving: 🤗

I've wondered what these two are:   :willy_nilly:   :001_tt2:

I really, really, REALLY want an elephant icon (insatiable curiosity), a ninja elephant icon (for the Elephant Ninja Brigade), and a camel icon (for "hummph").

I would like to see a bar of chocolate, a cup of hot beverage, cheerleaders with pom-poms, a face-palm (for when hitting your head on a brick wall is just a little extreme).

I would like to see an icon that takes a bow, and a thank-you icon (or thank-you-very-much).

Ellie isn't the only one who uses stripy-hat guy, but she does use him regularly.  I always read that as another version of a smiley, a basically happy/contented/pleased one.  When I hover my pointer over it the code says "hat".

I would use "patriot" to indicate I voted.   :patriot:   We could use some others, though, for other countries, or a general "I voted" icon.

I'd like a less guilty-looking version of "leaving", basically one gleefully running off to take advantage of an opportunity someone mentioned instead of skulking away.

I'd like a lecture icon.  Because I lecture my kids a LOT.  Just ask them.

I'd like an ouchie or owie icon, and a bandaid icon.

I'd like an ice cube icon for those hot, sweltering summer days.  Maybe also a sweating or dripping person icon.

I'd like a frozen person icon for when people feel cold.

I'd like a stuffy icon for allergy seasons.  Or a box of tissues icon.

I'd like an island icon (our relaxing getaway we visit when we need a little me-time), a fruity drink icon, and a massage table icon.  Maybe a generic spa icon of a head wrapped in a towel and wearing a mud mask on the face.  Beach and mountain and tree icons would also be nice.  Perhaps a hiking boot.  Or a canoe or kayak.

How about a bicycle?  A boat?  An airplane?  A scuba mask?

How about a string of lights?  Those are useful for so many different occasions.

I'd like a snowflake or snowfall icon, a storm cloud icon, a windy icon, and a sunny day icon.

I'd like a nodding head icon, without the "I agree" sign so the head is bigger and we can see it better.  Keep the "I agree" sign icon, but let us have another of just the nodding head.

And maybe a shaking head.

I'd like a "shh" icon, for secrets, "don't tell", or lowering the volume.  I'd like a hand-to-the-ear icon for "speak up" or "I can't hear you".  (Shushing and hand-to-ear icons are more for what we are relating in our posts and not so much for communication of requested actions from posters.)

"Rolleyes" is actually present twice, in the same page of icons.  We could dispense with one of them easily.  There are also 3 sunglasses-wearing icons, two of which are nearly identical AND on the same page of icons.  We could likely cull one of those, too.  "Wub" shows up twice, on two different pages near the end.

I'd like to see a Yay! icon and an SWB icon.  Because those two should be used together quite regularly.

We likely need a stinky goat icon, too.

Omigosh, how could I have been so remiss?  I forgot we need both Booyah and Booya icons, too!

How about some music notes?  Something musical other than "nopity".  Also a dancer icon, and maybe a stage with curtains opening and a stage with curtains closing.

How about a pretty, wrapped present icon?

:lol: Chill, babe. Chill. It's okay.

• Like 1

I always thought of :hat: as a little man with a Turkish fez! Even though it's an awfully tall fez!

I like the thinking guy: 🤔

And the little guy waving: 🤗

I've wondered what these two are: :willy_nilly: :001_tt2:

:willy_nilly: is one of my favorites, along with :coolgleamA: and :smash: .

I have a hangnail and can't find my cuticle scissors! :willy_nilly:

We leave for the airport in 3 hours, my clothes are in the wash anf the spin cycle isn't working. :willy_nilly:

• Like 3