Menu

My Christmas list

JustEm

So mil has asked for a Chrismas list. I really don't have anything I really want but I thought the Hive could give me some interesting ideas. I'm scheduled for a csection a week after Christmas. This will be my 5th csection and it has taken me longer to recover after each one. Generally, the first week I'll be in bed the majority of the time while dh takes care of the house, meals, and older 4 kids. After that it'll likely be another 2 weeks a lot of in bed/on couch time mixed in with meal preps and supervising older kids.

So with that in mind what are some things I can ask for that will be helpful to get me through a few weeks of recovery?

Are you going to nurse? How about a new nursing/sleeping bra or a nursing nightgown? Definitely some new books. Maybe a new series of 3 or 4. You can ask for suggestions based on things you like. How about music? Do you have a CD player or DVD player that can play compact discs? Get something relaxing like classical, opera (my favorite is The Magic Flute), or Reiki music.

If it is in anyone's budget, i would reccomend an instant pot. i know there are lots of threads on this, but I wish had one when I was having little ones. There are facebook recipe groups and cookbooks ect. It would help both your husband and you when you are feeling better. After breakfast, you can load it up and start it, forget it until lunch(food stays warm for 12 hours).Eat,then wash the stainless steel bowl out (super easy to wash as you are using some liquid to cook with- also only one pan!) and load it up for dinner. It is like a crock pot on steriods. I use frozen meat in it all of the time. Using the freezer and pantry items helps cut way back on grocery trips. It is so much easier to just go get a little dairy and produce.

You don't have to time anything for when the baby is hungry, sleeping, or whatever. My very picky family enjoys the food. It does make three loud beeps when it is done as a fair warning:) It is a practical gift , but maybe you need some pampering.

Edited by Silver Brook
  • Like 1

All great suggestions thanks. I have thought of exactly one thing that will be super helpful and that is a tray so I can eat easily in bed. Her and my fil, divorced, are the types to get multiple gifts so I always have to think of multiple things or one more expensive thing. I'm sure there are a few books I can request, time to do some research.

The Instant Pot is something on my list that I will buy for myself if it is a good price on black Friday. I don't want to miss out that day and then see it not purchased for me come Christmas.

Never heard of Peapod so I'll have to see if it is in my area because that would be nice.

Oh I could get lost in the Great Courses selections!

• Like 3

I spent a lot of time doing books of puzzles when I was newly postpartum, stuck in bed and bored...

After the baby arrived, it was so nice to indulge in the many foods and beverages I had been avoiding.  For example, I was beyond excited to eat my favorite brand of hard salami with abandon (and I've been eating it almost daily, ever since)!  Maybe request a week's or month's supply of some favorite treat you've been missing.