Menu

So Angelina Jolie filed for divorce...

Janie Grace

I was more interested in the Gwen/Gavin relationship. Lots of ideas surrounding that and what happened. But maybe that's for its own thread lol.

There is also the Taylor Swift/Tom Hiddleston gossip. Most gossip news I read while in line at supermarkets with no self checkouts.

My hubby got me a year free subscription to US Weekly because I was bored :lol: He had no idea how gossipy that was until I showed him. Luckily he also got a year free subscription to The New Yorker for me which is more entertaining.

• Like 2

There is also the Taylor Swift/Tom Hiddleston gossip. Most gossip news I read while in line at supermarkets with no self checkouts.

My hubby got me a year free subscription to US Weekly because I was bored :lol: He had no idea how gossipy that was until I showed him. Luckily he also got a year free subscription to The New Yorker for me which is more entertaining.

Oh I think I vaguely remember hearing about them getting together, whenever that was. I have lost track of time lol.

How does one "intentionally court" exactly? Do we know that happened? Like he was someone else's property and she swooped in? I'm going to refrain from more posts here because i don't want to turn into an Angelina apologist but it's kind of striking what women do and say about each other.

Interestingly, the "Top Story" on google now says that AJ and BP had a 12 year long relationship - doing a little counting backwards, that would mean that they hooked up in 2004 during which time he was happily married to Jennifer Aniston. Jolie vehemently stated that she would never do what her father did - i.e. cheat with a married person. So, she threw her father under the bus repeatedly too. BP got his divorce in 2005 according to the news (CNN, Washington Post etc are reporting this).

A married man essentially is off limits until he informs his wife that he wants to move on and find someone else - so, it looks like she "swooped in" on someone else's marriage. (it takes 2 parties to cheat - both share the blame).

Edited by mathnerd

Interestingly, the "Top Story" on google now says that AJ and BP had a 12 year long relationship - doing a little counting backwards, that would mean that they hooked up in 2004 during which time he was happily married to Jennifer Aniston. Jolie vehemently stated that she would never do what her father did - i.e. cheat with a married person. So, she threw her father under the bus repeatedly too. BP got his divorce in 2005 according to the news (CNN, Washington Post etc are reporting this).

A married man essentially is off limits until he informs his wife that he wants to move on and find someone else - so, it looks like she "swooped in" on someone else's marriage. (it takes 2 parties to cheat - both share the blame).

Of course he cheated on Aniston with Jolie....the Mr. and Mrs. Smith story. I don't follow gossip mags but everyone knows that.  The meme going around Facebook right now is "Jennifer Aniston had to go to the hospital due to prolonged laughing fit".

I do think, if one parent cheats on the other parent, kids get to be mad about it.

• Like 4

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department said that rumours were false and the actor was neither under investigation nor had any allegations been made against him

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/22/lapd-confirm-brad-pitt-not-being-investigated-for-child-abuse

Not that it's any of my business. I do find it interesting how many "news" sources have accused him of this and I'm now watching them change or choose not to change their headline (which I'm sure is getting plenty of clicks). 

Yeah, I agree-who really knows what goes on in other people's households?

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department said that rumours were false and the actor was neither under investigation nor had any allegations been made against him

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/22/lapd-confirm-brad-pitt-not-being-investigated-for-child-abuse

Not that it's any of my business. I do find it interesting how many "news" sources have accused him of this and I'm now watching them change or choose not to change their headline (which I'm sure is getting plenty of clicks). 

When he divorced Jennifer, there were no allegations in the media by her and she took the high road (she hardly ever said anything in public). But this time, there is so much mud slinging against BP so early in the game by "sources" who are putting out rumors about his faults. It is hard to beat someone who is one of the savviest media manipulators in the world and come out of it looking like a nice guy.

The sad thing is that Jennifer Aniston did not do anything but she has been dragged all over social media this week and they are calling it Jennifer Aniston Meme Week - well, that and the severe work pressure that certain tattoo modification artists would be having this week!

Edited by mathnerd

But this time, there is so much mud slinging against BP so early in the game by "sources" who are putting out rumors about his faults. It is hard to beat someone who is one of the savviest media manipulators in the world and come out of it looking like a nice guy.

Custody battles bring out the ugly a lot more than splits without kids. Add to that their combined assets and it is likely to be worse.

Kind of like the John Depp/Amber Heard divorce drama. John Depp's divorce lawyer is apparently going to be representing Angelina Jolie. http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/entertainment/laura-wasser-angelina-jolie-divorce/

• Like 1

That doesn't surprise me at all. Imnsho, usually when people wait a very long time to get married, it's likely because there were lots of reasons they shouldn't have gotten married. I've seen many many people divorced who had long relationships before they actually married.

Almost inevitably a long relationship (full relationship with kids and a house etc) followed by a marriage results in a divorce within a few years. Marriage doesn't fix the relationship any more than a baby does.

Almost inevitably a long relationship (full relationship with kids and a house etc) followed by a marriage results in a divorce within a few years. Marriage doesn't fix the relationship any more than a baby does.

I know you said 'almost inevitably', but I still don't think that's quite fair.  There are lots of reasons to choose to delay marriage.  My brother and his wife were together for ten years, were on their second owned house and had two growing children before they married.  They must be at around their 20th wedding anniversary.

• Like 2

I know you said 'almost inevitably', but I still don't think that's quite fair.  There are lots of reasons to choose to delay marriage.  My brother and his wife were together for ten years, were on their second owned house and had two growing children before they married.  They must be at around their 20th wedding anniversary.

Sure, it happens, but it really is also very common to see that scenario where people seem to avoid marrying legally, then they do and things shortly fall apart.

I know people like your brother too - they were in committed relationships that were essentially marriages, but didn't bother with the legal aspect until something happened to make it seem like a good idea - kids or a big investment or questions about health aeem to be the most common.

To some extent though I think in this case, with super-wealthy people on both sides, a lot of those kinds of reasons may not be so much an issue.  Although, health questions might have been a possibility.  But in any case, it's a common enough pattern that it has a certain familiarity.