Menu

I got my Vibe today!!

I know it probably seems pretty silly to some anyway - how many 40 year old women actually WANT a Vibe? I mean, given the choice, most would pick something a little more, oh I don't know, grown-up-ish. Well, I'm tired of the minivan mawmaw-mobile and the Suburban gas-guzzling nightmare mobile. I've had 4 minivans and 3 Suburbans and I was ready for something spunky, cute and fun, and I just think the Vibe is that for me!!

Can you tell I'm a little excited?? Maybe too much so... :tongue_smilie:

I know it probably seems pretty silly to some anyway - how many 40 year old women actually WANT a Vibe? I mean, given the choice, most would pick something a little more, oh I don't know, grown-up-ish.

The Vibe made my short-list. I test drove it, the Toyota Matrix (which is actually the same car, by the way), the Chevy HHR and the Mini Cooper Clubman.

Of those, I think the only one that might be considered "grown up" is the Chevy, and that's not the one I chose.

So, enjoy your cute little car!

I know it probably seems pretty silly to some anyway - how many 40 year old women actually WANT a Vibe? I mean, given the choice, most would pick something a little more, oh I don't know, grown-up-ish...

Can you tell I'm a little excited?? Maybe too much so...

Stacey, my dear, I nearly choked on my own tonsils at your subject line. Honey, if it makes you this happy, it's certainly not silly. I am delighted for you. Truly. I think I'll order one myself soon, too. ;):D:lol:

Well, I suppose that means I spend more time car shopping with my dh than...:glare: b/c I knew right away what she meant, lol.

Congrats! They are such cute little cars. :001_smile: I love my Prius, but if we ever get to ditch our minivan, I would seriously consider a Vibe. I like body style of yours better than the brand new ones.

I have been off the comp lots lately. The new part-time that is full-time & more right now job I have is really getting to me. I have GOT to get a grip on this stuff so I can have my LIFE back!!

Anyway, it is NOT new, but it IS new to me. My van gets decent enough mileage to that I wouldn't have purchased it if we couldn't have bought it cash. We don't DO car notes. The nice thing is that now when the van sells, we'll be able to stash that for dd (nearly 16) her car. She wants a bug. I highly doubt we'll get her one, but that is her dream car. I just don't think we'll find one in our price range...

Anyway, I'm enjoying it. It certainly doesn't have the ride of my van and there is more road noise (which I will remedy soon by putting in a jammin sound system:tongue_smilie:), but I find it a very comfortable fit for me.

And yes, the Toyota engine is what sold me. Dd's Corolla is a GREAT car. I just like the Vibe body better than the Matrix (well, the older Vibe body - the new ones are kinda spacey looking).

And I sure wish someone would explain the tea thing!