Menu

Has anyone been on a game show?

Dmmetler

Edited: If you really want to hear from someone, I have a good friend I can ask... a very close friend from college's father got pretty darn high up in who wants to be a millionaire. I can ask if you have specific questions.

He went on to have another big thing, though I don't know if he leveraged the millionaire coverage for his next big thing.

Emily

Edited by EmilyGF
  • Like 2

I had a friend in college who had been on a lot of game shows. He loved doing it. He was a very upbeat, happy go lucky, optimistic kind of guy. Tons of fun. If it had been a negative experience, I'm pretty sure he'd have stopped. He even did the Price is Right which always cracked me up.

• Like 2

I'd be interested in knowing more. I don't want to let her apply if it would be a really negative experience (Not that she's likely to be cast). I won't let her try out for the reality shows, but a game show might be ok.

I feel like once she passed the test she'd have a great shot at being cast! She always sounds like a neat kid and has an interesting and current passion.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I had a friend who was on The Price is Right, also. :D

Will you ask her if they pipe some sort of drug into the Price is Right studio? Or maybe pure oxygen? I'm convinced those people have to be on something.  :w00t:

Our neighbor, who is a good friend of my kids, was on kid's Jeopardy.  She had lots of fun.  She had a watch-party at her house when the episode was aired, and that get-together was on the local news, so that could've been another opportunity for publicity for interesting things like snake advocacy.

I feel like once she passed the test she'd have a great shot at being cast! She always sounds like a neat kid and has an interesting and current passion.

Good luck!

My big concern is that she sometimes is so intense and so worried about coming off well that she is just so obviously nervous, and she's had some really bad experiences with snake-adverse media, so she sometimes starts out defensive. Unfortunately, I doubt they'd let her bring her snake-she's so much more relaxed when Pinkie Py(thon) is there.

I had a friend in college who had been on a lot of game shows. He loved doing it. He was a very upbeat, happy go lucky, optimistic kind of guy. Tons of fun. If it had been a negative experience, I'm pretty sure he'd have stopped. He even did the Price is Right which always cracked me up.

I used to have a boyfriend that had a very Eeyore personality.   He said that the trick to being picked was to be extremely upbeat and happy.  He was able to fake it and get on, I think Wheel of Fortune, and win around 30K.    Upbeat and happy is the type of person that they want on the show.  

One option would be for her to bring a small cute stuffed animal snake.   I think the combination of little girl and stuffed animal would make it pretty hard for the host(s) to bad mouth snakes.  Might also be a hook that would make it more likely for her to get picked.  

• Like 5

My big concern is that she sometimes is so intense and so worried about coming off well that she is just so obviously nervous, and she's had some really bad experiences with snake-adverse media, so she sometimes starts out defensive. Unfortunately, I doubt they'd let her bring her snake-she's so much more relaxed when Pinkie Py(thon) is there.

(Hugs)

I went to high school with a girl who won the Jeopardy! college tournament years ago. She's done a few other game show related things since, including being in the anniversary tournament of champions. Other than being Facebook friends, I haven't really talked to her in over a decade, so I can't give you more particulars from her experience. There does seem to be a community of former contestants from pictures that she's posted.

• Like 1

As far as advocacy, she will likely get to make a one sentence statement about her interests.

I was wondering if she could wear a T Shirt to make an advocacy statement (maybe she can design her own T Shirt with the message if there is time to get it done).