Menu

S/o mice whatever happened to the poster who had mice babies drop from the ceiling?

8circles

I actually had a mouse drop from a recessed light in our ceiling. I was siting watching tv and all of a sudden ...... PLOP! Right in front of me! If I was two feet further up it would have landed right on my head.

The poor mouse was stunned by his fall and just laid there. It took me (and my cat) a minute to figure out what happened and by that point the mouse got up and ran away. I was completely skeeved out and now eye all recessed lights warily!

I had a dust buster sitting on the floor of our kitchen and a couple of days later installed the hook for it on the wall.  A day after that, I heard a rustling sound coming from the thing.  A mouse had gotten into the thing and got stuck.  We had been using the dust buster for days with that thing stuck inside!  Yuck!!!

Well, the thread title got me curious, so I did a little searching.

Is this the thread you were thinking of?

Unwanted Mice Advice

Here's a few more with interesting critter stories:

Just heard the mousetrap snap under the kitchen sink

I hate bats

Flying Squirrel in my toilet...

Post #120 is a “falling from the ceiling†story; you’ll have to read for yourself to find out which type of critter it was!

Edited by Twigs

Well, the thread title got me curious, so I did a little searching.

Is this the thread you were thinking of?

Unwanted Mice Advice

Here's a few more with interesting critter stories:

Just heard the mousetrap snap under the kitchen sink

I hate bats

Flying Squirrel in my toilet...

Post #120 is a “falling from the ceiling†story; you’ll have to read for yourself to find out which type of critter it was!

Well, twigs, I'll have to save these bedtime stories for later lol.  Don't have time to read them now.

Did I get a few stories combined?  IDK.

• Like 2

Well, twigs, I'll have to save these bedtime stories for later lol.  Don't have time to read them now.

Did I get a few stories combined?  IDK.

Don't know if you combined any stories, but are you really sure you want to read them at bedtime, or in the bathroom, or …?

In any case, have fun reading!

:svengo:  :w00t:  :scared:  :willy_nilly:  :eek:  (I love the smilies, can't you tell?)

• Like 3

:seeya:

That was me!

After that very exciting winter last year, we had one mouse (I think, maybe a bat?) in the walls that we heard once in a while scratching around, over the winter.  We didn't actually see the thing, babies didn't drop from the ceiling.   We went around our foundation trying to plug holes, and I have been good about keeping up with peppermint, but that's about all I could do.  I'm not convinced cats, or exterminators work in these situations.  Eventually, we stopped hearing it.   I wish there was something you could do about mice, but it doesn't seem like you can really avoid them entirely.

I don't know what would work, and I really hope it never happens again, because just thinking about it gives me the creeps.    

I have the song "It's raining MICE" going through my head right now  :lol: !

• Like 1

I opened the dishwasher once and a mouse ran out... (The dishwasher had not been run yet).

The kids were young and the dishwasher was in a laundry off the kitchen so we didn't necessarily always keep it closed before it was ready to run.

We caught 11 mice before we found and sealed the hole (in the baseboard of the laundry cupboard). One was under the bedding of a trundle bed in my daughter's room. A bed that dh happened to have slept in that night...

The flying squirrel story is the best thread ever. I'm sitting here not even reading it and it's making me smile. It's too late for me to read it because it cracks me up every time. 

What did you do??!! I mean, how did you get it out of your house??

My dh got a sheet and kind of chased/guided it out with that.  We closed all the other doors (that is, after I got out of hiding), and I left the back door wide open.