Menu

New Terrifying Show: Containment...anyone watching?

TranquilMind

Oh my goodness, is this show interesting!  The premise is that some middle-eastern family brought in a bioterrorism weapon into Altlanta, and the compromised area was put on quarantine.  The government spokesperson assured the people that it would only be 48 hours and they would be back to their lives.   The police chief (or main guy, not sure if he is chief) has just discovered that the government has no plans to ever let these people reintegrate, even those who are well.  They can just all die for the greater good, he has discovered.  Shipping container barriers were built three-high around this area, which contains thousands of people. 

To make it more exciting, there is a tech guy who is posting video anonymously of what is really going on inside the containment camp, and how they are dropping like flies.  Of course, the government and media are posting that all is well, and that just a few people have become ill, and that it is all under control.   Tech guy has two women inside who are feeding him the video info, and one is showing evidence of being ill.   He posted one video showing an abandoned escape ladder on a building, and of course, dozens rushed to try to escape.  They shot the first guy down. 

Of course, as the end of episode three on a couple of nights ago, the government has now shut down the internet so no one can reach those inside.  The police chief guy has a fiancee working in a hospital on the inside.  One guy has a pregnant  girlfriend inside. 

It's just really interesting, and scary.  Wonder if anyone else is watching this. 

Edited by TranquilMind

Oooh, I love that kind of thing... what station??

Here is a blurb I found.  It is on the CW channel.

Julie Plec's Containment is based on the original Belgian series Cordon created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks. Within hours of Syrian refugee Sayid Nassir's arrival to an Atlanta hospital, he's designated as Patient Zero with regard to a global pandemic that kills victims within 48 hours. Soon there are spreading whispers of bioterrorism and Islamophobia. When an unexplained and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta. a huge urban quarantine is speedily enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Containment is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals) and David Nutter (The Flash, Arrow).

Also found this:  An outbreak like this isn't just the stuff of science fiction: The show's creators consulted with the CDC and Georgia's Department of Public Health for maximum realism. As IGN notes in its review, "'Containment' does a good job of making this scenario feel like it could actually happen. At first, the characters fail to take what's going on seriously, until they realize they've already been exposed and cut off from the outside world."

Edited by TranquilMind

:scared:

I think I'm just going to stick to occasional episodes of House Hunters International.

Did I mention :scared: ?

Oh, I watch those too.  I love HH International!

But this one just sucked me in, and we had a lot of interesting discussions here.   I could totally see something like this occurring. 

Oh, I watch those too.  I love HH International!

But this one just sucked me in, and we had a lot of interesting discussions here.   I could totally see something like this occurring. 

Me, too!  Hence the :scared:.

Of course, now that I've heard about it, I will likely be tempted in spite of my terror. :laugh:

Consulted with the CDC.

Heh.

That's like

Based on a true story

Very often the consult and the base is that well there once really was a sorta sick person.

😎

I can't watch body fluid issues right now.

Just hearing someone making gag noises will send me to my own trash can. Highly annoying bc normally I'm not phased by much of anything bloody or gory.

• 2 months later...

I finished this and was satisfied with it.  I didn't think it was great, but it was good and enjoyable.  I think they developed the human side of the story more than the intrigue or the medical side.  The final episode felt more like the conclusion of several love stories.  I cried, both happy and sad tears.

Did any of the rest of you finish it?  Did you like it or not?