Menu

Personality types and homeschooling

Entropymama

What is your personality type?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personality type?

Haven't read all the responses yet, but apparently, I have no classification. I took the free test on Truity (linked in the first post) and it listed 8 possible types.  I found the test annoying as I did not always see the pair of traits as either/or, and that probably led to my middle of the road results :) But it did settle on "Judger" as self-management type as the only definite result..  

Edited by J&JMom

Haven't read all the responses yet, but apparently, I have no classification. I took the free test on Truity (linked in the first post) and it listed 8 possible types.  I found the test annoying as I did not always see the pair of traits as either/or, and that probably led to my middle of the road results :) But it did settle on "Judger" as self-management type as the only definite result..  

I get that.  Most of them are, "Well, depends on the situation."  

It's like you are speaking a different language. Does not compute.  :blink:

:001_smile:

Yeah, very surprised at the percentage of introverts actually.  

I think I need to start an Extrovert thread, for all two of us!   :lol:

• Like 3

I think I need to start an Extrovert thread, for all two of us! :lol:

It's already happy hour at PST. I won't be home until 9pm. Kids have three outside classes today from 9:30am to 8pm :)

My kids are marginal introverts happily camping at the library right now before going off to their evening class.

• Like 1

I'm an iSFJ, but my S/N and my T/J are both virtually indistinguishable and I never know test to test which I'll get.

When I was young I was a solid INFJ, but gradually shifted to a stronger S.

I have always been a J, but that is now coming out as even - J won by a single point this time. I think my INFP ds has influenced me :).

Dd and dd are  both ISTJs. 

Also, after reading the replies, most of our marital arguments are about his (INTJ) frustration with my lack of organisation/time management and my (INFJ) emotional reactions! Lololol...

Right there with you - I am entirely too emotional it seems. Also, I change organizational systems too often (always trying to find something better....) We could totally have a support group for INFJs married to INTJs!

• Like 1

OMG this thread! With the talk of charts and the color-coding and how other people just don't appreciate that degree of beautiful organization!! 😂😂😂😂 I am dying!!!!!

Another INTJ who has tried to "fake the test" - giving what I think are "wild and crazy" answers... and I still wind up as INTJ. Can't run from it. 😄

The Game of Thrones test says we are like Littlefinger. Who, from the comments there, I gather is quite different on the tv show vs book Littlefinger (most of the comments were horrified that they were compared to him... But when I read the books I remember thinking he was brilliant. Diabolical as hell, cold as a fish, but maddeningly brilliant!)

• Like 2

I'm an ENFP, never very well represented on this board ;)  I loved homeschooling when the kids were younger, because we could go to the science center, zoo, arboretum, hiking, etc... and call it a great homeschooling day. We always went with other friends, and I loved it.  Now that the kids are older and dual enrolled, we can't do that so much.

It's been hard for me, so the 2 of the 3 are going to school full-time next year. They are my extroverts. My oldest, and by far the most introverted of the 4 of us, will continue to be dual enrolled for half the day.

I am going to find as many volunteer jobs as I can handle. I have to get out!

IN seems the commonest combination. I wonder how much of that is being on an Internet forum. Maybe all the es homeschoolers are hanging out at co-ops and book clubs.

I love my book club! I started out in book clubs with introverts, and thought I hated book clubs. I finally found one with a bunch of extroverts. It's awesome! I even love how we talk over each other, and how no one seems to mind.

My dh is an INTJ, very close to an ISTJ. The kids and I drive him up a wall. He also drives me crazy with all the planning, and excel spreadsheets.

Kelly

Edited by SquirrellyMama
  • Like 2

I'm an ENFP, never very well represented on this board ;)  I loved homeschooling when the kids were younger, because we could go to the science center, zoo, arboretum, hiking, etc... and call it a great homeschooling day. We always went with other friends, and I loved it.  Now that the kids are older and dual enrolled, we can't do that so much.

It's been hard for me, so the 2 of the 3 are going to school full-time next year. They are my extroverts. My oldest, and by far the most introverted of the 4 of us, will continue to be dual enrolled for half the day.

I am going to find as many volunteer jobs as I can handle. I have to get out!

I love my book club! I started out in book clubs with introverts, and thought I hated book clubs. I finally found one with a bunch of extroverts. It's awesome! I even love how we talk over each other, and how no one seems to mind.

My dh is an INTJ, very close to an ISTJ. The kids and I drive him up a wall. He also drives me crazy with all the planning, and excel spreadsheets.

Kelly

I got your back!

I have 1 kid in a B&M school right now and 1 doing dual enrollment.  Next year 2 will dual enroll and the youngest will be in a B&M school.    I will be heading back into the workforce.

Right there with you - I am entirely too emotional it seems. Also, I change organizational systems too often (always trying to find something better....) We could totally have a support group for INFJs married to INTJs!

I'd be all over that support group! And yes, I keep thinking that I'll finally hit on the perfect system and this whole project will run like clockwork...