Menu

Need brain candy book recommendations

Night Elf

One of my absolutely favorite series is the Cat Who by Lilian Jackson Braun. I've read and reread them so many times. I want something similar. They are light cozy mysteries that have very little conflict, or at least nothing intense. I want more books like that. Any ideas?

• Like 2

Shopaholic series (and stand-alones by the same author)

Miss Julia series

I like crime drama too -- I have Tess Gerritsen and Patricia Cornwell on my nightstand right now -- but they're not exactly brain candy.

I love the Elm Creek Quilts series; it's not quite as fluffy as some, and some of the books are set historically, but it's a relaxing and pleasant series.

A Miss Fortune Mystery series by Jana Deleon. Very funny not scary. Not a heavy read either. But you MUST read them in order.

Reading in order is a good heads up! Sometimes it doesn't matter but sometimes whodunit from a previous book is mentioned. I always try to read in order and wish series would be marked 1, 2, 3 etc.

Ok, thanks for the ideas. I'm off to research. I started the first Miss Marple last night. So far it's fairly mild. Agatha Christie is a hit or miss with me. I also have some Joanna Fluke books on my Kindle but they must not have been great because I don't want to reread them.

One of my absolutely favorite series is the Cat Who by Lilian Jackson Braun. I've read and reread them so many times. I want something similar. They are light cozy mysteries that have very little conflict, or at least nothing intense. I want more books like that. Any ideas?

How about the Mrs. Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman?

• Like 1

Reading in order is a good heads up! Sometimes it doesn't matter but sometimes whodunit from a previous book is mentioned. I always try to read in order and wish series would be marked 1, 2, 3 etc.

Yes I too wish series were marked 1, 2, 3 etc.   This series literally picks up where the previous book left off. 

Here is the Miss Fortune Mystery series by Jana Deleon.  I forgot to add the books in my previous post.

1. Louisiana Longshot

2. Lethal Bayou Beauty

3. Swamp Sniper

4. Swamp Team 3

5. Gator Bait

6. Soldiers of Fortune

7. Hurricane Force

• Like 1